The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Here are some pictures of a recent overnight hike in the mountains (Vosges- FRANCE)

2ni77lc.jpg

30lowph.jpg

28u4hoy.jpg

2i6cfo1.jpg

xgi3y8.jpg

308h3pc.jpg

6pn9k3.jpg

a1jyva.jpg

xoh63a.jpg
I visited the Vosges last May, beautiful area!
Love your pics, looks like a great trime.

it was nice out so decided to boil my tea water in the backyard...the knife is a svord kiwi general outdoor knife.

emberlit_svord_032419_zpsrgbfhuox.jpg

seiko orange monster (the only watch i currently own) and exped stakes.

orange_monster_stakes_zpsdvoopylr.jpg

it was nice out so decided to boil my tea water in the backyard...the knife is a svord kiwi general outdoor knife.

emberlit_svord_032419_zpsrgbfhuox.jpg

seiko orange monster (the only watch i currently own) and exped stakes.

orange_monster_stakes_zpsdvoopylr.jpg

How does that Svord fixed blade compare to other knives you have used?

How does that Svord fixed blade compare to other knives you have used?

i like the blade's thickness, shape and length but the handle feels overkill for it...hard to describe it but it feels clumsy. i have the 12" machete which has the same handle and it works perfectly with that blade length though.

044_034.jpg

I love alpine high country and getting up to a mountain top. Looks like a remarkable landscape with the water ways and high peaks - does the summit your standing on have a name?

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah it's great, although the "peak" I'm on in those pictures isn't all that tall at just 2000 feet.
It translates to "seal horn", but there's never been any horned seals here, so it might be some old Sami name.

Contrast it to the one I climbed last week at ~4000 feet.
3ypCZRf.jpg

Picture taken in the same direction, only a fair bit further south.
And what the heck, this one too
QRmEBpP.jpg

Over the mountains to the right is the Atlantic ocean, and somewhere in northern Canada.

Back