The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

ZzD9VsZ.jpg
dmK9lQO.jpg

I came across this little guy in the local mountains this weekend..

Out and about this weekend, I found the remnants of an old stone stairway and house foundation. I always love seeing stuff like this!

Easter morning hike. Explored a new trail with lots of shade, which is not common for me.

Finding water is even less common! This was a really nice little stream to cool off in.

Just got a new Jeff White knife to play with too.

Great hike this morning. It was pretty hot this weekend, so I was happy to get near some water before it dries up.

Saw this poor dead guy. I am guessing an overzealous hiker thought it was a rattlesnake and killed it. He was a good sized garter snake.

I have been eyeing the Pathfinder trade knife for quite a while, and finally decided to get one. This is the new version with improved handle, and it is quite comfortable to hold. The overall design is appealing to me for it's simplicity. I also like that it is 1/8" stock, as that is about as thick as I go these days.

It came relatively sharp with a secondary edge bevel. But the scandi ground portion has deep grind marks that I am not thrilled with

You can see them better here along with a baby frog

I sharpened up the secondary edge and it cuts quite well. Don't know yet if I will try to polish up the scandi portion, but will use it as is for a while. Except for the deep grind marks, it seems to be quite a quality tool for around $100, and I'm happy with it so far. I will post more as I use it.

We also found a small pond of standing water which is normally not there. There were hundreds of baby frogs all around the area, and also a little family of ducks. (Which made the hike more enjoyable for my wife!) They came right up to our feet, eating insects.

First time popping into this sub-forum, guess I should share my last trips' pics:

went backpacking as I usually do, stayed out for the weekend near Mt. Rainier NP in the surrounding national forest area.

I carry a Fiddleback Bushfinger, been working on it's patina for year now so I get it in pictures when it seems appropriate.

My first time hammocking, always been a tent guy but the hammock was actually easier overall: less roomy but easier to setup and smaller to pack, lighter as well.

What we do for fun: eating and drinking. We always gather deadwood but we do like to have fires so we get a lot of work out of our choppers and saws. My Becker BK20 is my other knife, can't get much better as a chopper.

We got visited by a snail dude overnight, he found my BK20 and decided to climb it.

Our typical fires, we often cook over one and use it for warmth and bug repellent, so as long as we can gather enough wood that's laying around we like to have them big and often.

Finally the scenery, we like to hike out into the wilderness areas to get away from people and roads, so we often get rather isolated scenery that's pretty nice.

Our campsite, not always neat but usually nice.

*bonus pictures from prior camping trips* I like these pictures a lot, they kinda show the various places we've camped.

I hear you brother. I want to get a few more hikes in and camping before our fire season starts. You never know where that fire will pop up.

Back