The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Desolation Wilderness 2016

wd7rHi0.jpg

had a good weekend enjoying the sunshine.

Saturday:
my goal was to get up to Bolton (VT), where i usually hunt, and just take a look around. i also ski up there, and every trip, i'd see a footbridge. it connects the Bolton/Stowe side (East) of the Long Trail to the Camel's Hump side (West). it was put in last year, and i have never been on it. so, i just had to stop and check it out.

001_zpsmbirxhch.jpg

002_zps6e5bl5oo.jpg

004_zps66foan2h.jpg

005_zpszrhb74jw.jpg

camel's hump in background
006_zpslul8jopi.jpg

008_zpsyhws3sxw.jpg

i did still head up to Bolton after, but really only had time to get into the sandpit and do some shooting.
012_zpswgb5l81i.jpg

Sunday:
Ok, i was able to take some time Easter morning and get on up to where i hunt today. if you look at the map above, i head on up the access road, but it is off the map.

looking up the road, you can see the lower mountain of Bolton Valley (where i ski)
022_zpsudzq4zko.jpg

at the trail head. the water was crystal clear. a nice way to start.
013_zpstqjl6lyh.jpg

i was psyched to find all these little chocolate Easter eggs everywhere. they were delicious!
016_zpsvrvzyioa.jpg

here is what was tagging along today. no, i don't need 3 knives on a day hike, but the F1 and the little GEC are new to me, so was testing them out a bit. (i like both)
018_zpsdrofzggn.jpg

and, i'm back....
020_zpscqoj52d8.jpg

stopped on the way back down the access road to snap a farewell pic of Camel's Hump....
023_zps7iwawkr1.jpg

Happy Easter everyone.

Good times! Looks like winter is done there too. Go easy on those Smart pills you found, you'll get a belly ache.;):D

Good times! Looks like winter is done there too. Go easy on those Smart pills you found, you'll get a belly ache.;):D

ha. and yeah man. crazy winter. but, i have flipped the switch. waiting for trout season and some more hiking. cheers.

Quick hike after work yesterday and spotted this beast heading underground. He was at least 3 feet long and as fat as my forearm.

Darn... I'm in SoCal too, I know these well, though I have yet to see them this spring. I did two hikes recently, Monrovia Canyon (to the falls) and up to Inspiration Point after stopping at the old hotel ruins--on the Pasadena side of the San Gabriels

This is the first one I have seen this season. He's definitely been active and eating though, he was a biggie!

Had some time to play last week :)
Gave my 5 a nice workout.

Esee_11.jpg

Batonned this to some nice small pieces to start the fire with:
Esee_12.jpg

Esee_13.jpg

Esee_14.jpg

The 5 splits like no other:
Esee_15.jpg

Almost ready :p
Esee_17.jpg

The end result :)