The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Camping and fishing up at this beautiful lake this past weekend.

5R4gFHxh.jpg

XjEyLs5h.jpg

Ip4jrzT.jpg

Hooray, it finally shipped. It was probably a bad idea to put it together in the office, because now it's just sitting there, tempting me. "Shoot me... shoot me..."

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step....

IMG_3038.JPG

I'm probably never going to walk a thousand miles, but at least I've got a little fire kit ready to head out! Now I just need to get my knife finished and....

West Vidette from Junction Meadow, Kings Canyon NP

Upper White Chief Canyon, Sequoia NP

View from outlet of White Chief Lake, Sequoia NP
Thanks for whetting my appetite! No SEKI 'til next year, but 3 weeks from right now I'll be camped near Vogelsang, looping around from Toulumne and ending up at Wawona with a friend who now lives there. She said it's supposed to be 6 days for ~65 miles total, so I guess we'll be killing time and taking lots of pics.
Probably do a couple of touristy dayhikes since it'll be my first time, along with a quick solo trip from Mammoth to Toulumne(or the reverse) and maybe an additional 3 nighter.
This is probably going to be a yearly thing from now on, since that's the only way I'm likely to see my friend any more. Need to make one of my future trips when the waterfalls are flowing! :)

This is a pretty cool memorial hidden in between Dorr and Cadillac Mtns in Acadia NP.

image_zpsxj2iod62.jpg

image_zpsl0hc9soc.jpg

Carpe mensis!
Seized the month in September.
Mountain biking x7, kayaking x1, plus 2 weeks of vacation and 12 days of hiking/backpacking in CA.

8GAiij.jpg

QNt1vg.jpg

Life is full of tough decisions!
KlLViG.jpg

bCRtaO.jpg

WnK6hE.jpg

dnKpJI.jpg

XsiBlX.jpg

wxoF2L.jpg

v35tAj.jpg

2RjCz9.jpg

mCyVou.jpg

ln6jZT.jpg

gjmxsL.jpg

7P5Un2.jpg

shBsnT.jpg

JFEFyY.jpg

JR1n3x.jpg

Thanks!
The jacket is a Backcountry Hadron. Not on par with some of the more expensive brands for construction quality, but 8.0oz total in size large with 2.0oz of 850 fill.
The quilt is a Katabatic Palisade(6' Wide, HyperDry 850).

Owen, looks like you got to some nice places. Thousand Island Lake/Garnet Lake is a great area.

Next time come further south to my stomping grounds.

East Lake, Kings Canyon NP:

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't bring any storms your way. Sounded like you could have used them down there. They got the Tenaya fire under control when the rains came as soon as I hit the backcountry.
I want to do that Rae Lakes Loop sometime, but am not really not sure when I'll be back in CA.
Got my sights on the Grand Tetons, right now, and I'm sure I'll be going back to Utah before too long. Can't seem to stay away from there!
Gotta pay the credit card back down before I go anywhere, though...

I loved 1000 Island Lake, and that little beach got me tickled being almost 10k' above sea level:)

Owen - I did the Rae Lakes loop this summer with some scouts. Here is the view at Rae Lakes:

The Rae Lakes loop officially goes right above Charlotte Lake, but if you drop down to the lake it's a nice place:

And if you do the Rae Lakes loop, on the north side of Glen Pass take a detour of about a mile toward Kearsarge Lakes to take in Bullfrog Lake:

That picture above of East Lake was taken on the Rae Lakes loop trip, as a side trip of about three miles (we spent a night there, it is a great side trip from the loop that not many people do). And a little above East Lake is Lake Reflection - no trail but about 1.5 miles of easy cross country and well worth it:

Most people just do the loop without thinking about what is just off the main trail. There is so much within easy distance that would make the trip a lot better.

Yep, those are gorgeous!
Here's a few from my stomping grounds ;)
Hiking x3, mountain biking x8 for October. Weather is sucking, lots of rain(would be riding 3x/week, otherwise).

Back