The NEXT SALE

Say it ain’t so! That ratchets up the tension this afternoon. My kitchen NEEDS one of these and may not accept my presence if I fail.

After the CPK Kephart, Nathan should consider doing some CP-KK: Carothers Performance Kitchen Knife (ves ... will have to drop one K for the sake of political correctness and commercial prudence). I don't know if doing KKs is a big enough challenge for him but I bet that the revenue will be great specially if the economy keeps cratering.

#justmyworthless2cs

Are planning on hitting the post thread button, per your wrist watch, precisely at 3:00 PM eastern or have you been fudging things a bit lately? I think that you've been fudging by like 5 seconds. That's my excuse and I'm gonna stick with it!
He has to deal with the same lag everyone else does.

So there you have it folks; quit hitting refresh from 10-30 seconds before the top of the hour.

In fact, to make sure Nathan can post the sale on time, everyone else should wait until a slow count of 10 after the top of the hour, before hitting refresh. OK? Everyone got that?

:p

He has to deal with the same lag everyone else does.

So there you have it folks; quit hitting refresh from 10-30 seconds before the top of the hour.

In fact, to make sure Nathan can post the sale on time, everyone else should wait until a slow count of 10 after the top of the hour, before hitting refresh. OK? Everyone got that?

:p

Yes for sure there's a lag time... I was just kidding when I said that he's fudging because after almost 4 years of buying from Nathan in this manner, I know that he's a stickler for details and for being very precise... That doesn't and shouldn't stop me to throw him off his game a bit though :p

A big write up page like his with plenty of pics should take a while to upload, specially at that time when everyone is incessantly refreshing. Those who do really well, have honed the refresh at xx seconds past the hour to a science. The rest depends on one's reflexes... WoooFoquingHooo :D

Do you guys think Nathan counts down like we do to post or does the forum have a feature to post a thread at a pre-specified time? I think it'd be funny to imagine Nathan hovering over his keyboard watching the clock to hit post right at 3:00 :p
He's actually mentioned in the past, that he times it off his (supposedly :p) fairly accurate analog watch. So yes, he does sit and wait like the rest of us schlubs.

*** Yeah, the Machinist doesn't even use a newfangled digital radio-synced-to-the-atomic-clock timepiece. :D

Back