The NEXT SALE

20 Medium Chopper prototypes in Delta 3V out on the main sale forum, Friday March 16th.

That will pretty much be the last of the Medium Choppers until we can do a real production run of them, which might be a while...

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time.
Translation-after Fridays sale it will be a long time before a Production run (Pre-0rder) is offered;)

Has Nathan decided as to where tomorrow's 25 x HDFK sale will be taking place? On the CPK subforum or the Knifemakers fixed blade section?

It's an established pattern, so I believe it should be in the Knife makers:for sale section :).

~Chip

Apologies for newbie question, but what's the "HD" in HDFK stand for? How does it differ from the standard FK described on the website? Thanks.

It's an established pattern, so I believe it should be in the Knife makers:for sale section :).

~Chip

Best to not assume that as an absolute. While true that Nathan always offers the bellwether patterns on his own subforum first, he has also offered the established patterns both on here and also on the Main. You'd never want to be on the wrong sub at 3:00 PM on any Friday sale date ;)

I think I'm going to try for an HDFK tomorrow, for a backup to the one I have now. Not that I'll ever need a backup, but just another excuse to buy a knife! Plus, I can always pass these knives down to my sons. This knife stuff is a sickness I tell ya!

Last edited:
Apologies for newbie question, but what's the "HD" in HDFK stand for? How does it differ from the standard FK described on the website? Thanks.

Their website does not get maintained and updated that frequently so it may not be an up to date source of reference.

Here are a couple of link for you to read the details and study the differences between the FK which is now a retired pattern and the HDFK which is currently an active pattern, with 30 units being offered for sale tomorrow at 3:00 PM Eastern Time:

FK: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/field-knife-pre-order-thread-closed.1411961/

HDFK: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/ten-3v-hd-field-knives-the-n-a-s-k-micarta-delta-3v.1536436/

Back