• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The "Oh my God, I'm drowning in knives" Sale...production fixed blade edition :)

t1mpani

Platinum Member
Hi everybody,
This is the "Oh my God, I'm drowning in knives"sale. Various and sundry fixed blades that just don't get carried. In the interests of not having ten thousand pictures to post, I've just taken shots of areas I want you to see---scratches/marks or what the bevels look like if they're no longer factory. I will happily take more detailed pictures of anything you like, from any angle you like, and email them to you. I'm not really in a situation of needing the money, so the knives are priced pretty much where they're going to be. If you want more than one, I'll deduct $15 per knife added given my savings in shipping.
Please post "I'll take it" here on the thread for anything you want, in addition to PMing or emailing me through the forum, that way there's no doubt as to who was first. Prices include shipping and insurance. Payment by paypal (I'll eat the fees) or USPS money order, please. I'll happily ship anywhere in the US. For international sales, we can figure out additional shipping costs, but check your local laws before you order and I cannot be held responsible for what happens to the knife once it leaves these shores, nor will I lie on the customs form about what's in the box. Many countries have a limit in terms of how much USPS will insure packages--I probably can't insure the knife for the entire value internationally.
If you do not get an immediate response from me, do not panic! :D Pretty much exactly because they don't want us screwing around and doing personal stuff on the internet, my work blocks bladeforums (along with anything else fun) and I seldom have time to look at email during the day anyway. As such, I take care of things in the evenings when I get home. If you were first to say you'll take something on the thread, rest assured you'll be getting a response that evening.
Brief word on condition---Please carefully inspect knives upon receiving them. I try to be absolutely meticulous about finding flaws on anything I sell and making them known to prospective buyers, but if I miss something (it's happened) please let me know immediately, and we can talk about either an adjustment to the price if you still want it, or a complete refund in addition to me covering the return shipping. My reputation is important to me, and I'll never try to slip anything by you. Knives do not have factory boxes unless specified in their description.
Here we go!

Extrema Ratio MK 2.1 w/molle sheath and factory box: Perfect. Look this knife up at dealer prices and see how nice I'm being. ;) $320 now $280

Bark River Kukri w/leather sheath (minor damage to retention strap): Knife is absolutely perfect except for the tiny chip out of the butt of the handle that you see pictured. The line next to that is not a crack, but rather is the joint line between the scales as this is a frame-construction handle. Keep in mind how big this picture is, the chip is tiny in real life. The retention strap on the sheath looks like a puppy chewed it, but in actuality had a heavy toolbox set on it on gravel (brother in law is an idiot). No tears or cuts in the leather, just crush-dimples, doesn't affect retention at all. Still, damage is damage so $190 now $155

Sting Birch Bark w/sheath: Never used or sharpened. $50 SOLD

Buck Hoodlum w/box: Never used for anything---this picture shows the factory flaw in the finish on the lower tang edge--it's not chipped, it just has this little section of shiny spots. No finish gone, just not matte in those places. For all I know, a common cosmetic flaw. BNIB $110 SOLD

Benchmade Rant w/nylon sheath:Factory edge bevel, stropped with green ALOX compound on Hand American strop. Couple minor marks on guard and pommel. $45 SOLD

Benchmade 180 Outbound McHenry and Williams w/leather sheath: There's the usual dust on the blade in this shot, just one flaw I can find right in the middle of the blade--tiny mark that can't be felt with a fingernail, just a shiny line in the satin. Factory edge stropped with ALOX compound. Carried a couple times but never used (damned sneaky deer). $70 SOLD

ESEE Laser Strike w/kydex sheath: Never used or carried, thinned out the factory edge w/Wicked Edge. There are two spots in the picture here which were on the camera lense, not the knife! $85 SOLD

Rosarms Drop Point Hunter (not part of main catalogue) birch wood with sheath: Never used or sharpened. OAL: 8.75" Blade length:4" Blade thickness 1/8" $50 SOLD

Last edited:
Would you happen to know the model number of the Rant? Is it the drop point or the clip point version?
- Thanks

Would you happen to know the model number of the Rant? Is it the drop point or the clip point version?
- Thanks

10505 is what it says on the blade--looks drop point to me, although there are swedge grinds as you can see. :)

Rant is SPF, RosArms drop point on temporary hold, since it isn't one of their standard models and I forgot to give specs!

Drowning in knives??!!
No such thing
Wish I could swing one since prices so fair

Last edited:
Okay, specs for ROSArms hunter listed (and emailed to questioner).
My apologies on that one, folks---I shouldn't do "temporary holds" on a thread right after I've said, "First I'll take it gets it" I just forgot that specs should be included on non-catalog items. Other emails responded to.
A note---we just lost power on my street as there is a hell of a storm blowing outside. I'm currently chugging along on an iPad and my cellular connection. If I lose that avenue to the internet too, I'll check back in just as soon as I can; you're NOT being ignored! :)

Paypal sent on the Rant. Please let me know that you received it.

- Thank you

T1mpani, I did not receive your last PM.. Could you please re-send?

- Thanks

Back