The One That Got Away

I lost my Drop Forged Hunter in cold muddy water. I'm not sorry about it since I did save my dog who was tangled in some kind of net.

But my only regret was not holding my knife in my hand on my way out. Because after I got out of water I realized it's not here anymore.

I stumbled into a Paul Chen Citizen at one point and sold it. I really wish I'd kept it. It's not the most useful thing in the world, but extremely interesting and pretty rare these days.

kh1004.jpg

When I turned 15 I inherited my Grandad's 1964 Ford Galaxie which my Dad also drove many years. Well I was cleaning out a little area where the bottom of the seat meets the upper part and lo and behold there were at least 10 pocket knives that my Granddad had owned and they had slipped out of his pocket. Well at some point I sold them at a yard sale not knowing what I had. I kick myself daily.

Lots , I sold most of my customs and haven’t got back in them.
Regret selling my Lochsa back in the days. sold it for a few hundred now they are selling for noth of 2k.
Miss most,in Custom made Matt Lemay Bowie, Marlow framelock, first one he ever made , Bill Siegel ranger ( I’m going to see if he will make another one )
Production models , had a nice rat cutlery rams horn slipjoint, cold steel hatomoto.
And unfortunately how Canada is right now, a nice folder will likely be seized so won’t see any for awhile.

Lots , I sold most of my customs and haven’t got back in them.
Regret selling my Lochsa back in the days. sold it for a few hundred now they are selling for nothing of 2k.
Miss most,in Custom made Matt Lemay Bowie, Marlow framelock, first one he ever made , Bill Siegel ranger ( I’m going to see if he will make another one )
Production models , had a nice rat cutlery rams horn slipjoint, cold steel hatomoto.
And unfortunately how Canada is right now, a nice folder will likely be seized so won’t see any for awhile.

When I turned 15 I inherited my Grandad's 1964 Ford Galaxie which my Dad also drove many years. Well I was cleaning out a little area where the bottom of the seat meets the upper part and lo and behold there were at least 10 pocket knives that my Granddad had owned and they had slipped out of his pocket. Well at some point I sold them at a yard sale not knowing what I had. I kick myself daily.

I don't have the knives, but I still have the '64 Ford.

Regret not ordering a custom Emerson CQC-7 back when I was in the Army. Didn't want to spend the $300 or so for a knife...

Regret not picking up the Spyderco Lil'Temp I saw at SMKW while there on a trip. Now the only ones I see on the secondary market are more than I'm willing to spend.

Also recall a nice Ray Cover slipjoint I missed out on at BLADE years ago. Took too long thinking about it.

There's been a few I've sold over the years I regretted a bit after, but over time no longer bother me. At the time I sold them due to financial reasons & they were probably sitting unused in my safe.

Man. You guys have had some hard losses. All great knives. I’ve handled quite a few of the ones that have been spoken of, but definitely not all of them. All of your posts make me want to branch out and search for hard/impossible to get knives. ;)

I sold my two Zero Tolerance 0560BW under the assumption I would eventually buy one later down the road. Then they were discontinued shortly after...

My Benchmade 940DM. Flipped it for a fat profit six months after it happened. Could've been a LOT fatter...

I sold a brand new Strider SMF in all black dlc and a brand new Strider SNG w/ a tiger striped blade and flame tiger striped handle. About 2 month later Strider announced they were discontinued. They were literally my dream Striders in my favorite steels and I sold them thinking I could just re-buy again in the future, I still think about them to this day.

Got rid of a Benchmade 43....traded it for a 200.00$ knife....kept the 42,46 and 47 but for some reason got rid of the 43. I’ve got a 63 but not the same.

Back