The Pathfinder Club - Members Only!

TAH

Gold Member
This might end up being the shortest thread ever, but I don’t care. This club is exclusively for Buck 105 Pathfinder owners who want to pay homage to a great knife. I have been into knives since I was 8 years old. In 1975 (age 14), my father gave me my first real fixed blade knife – a Buck 105 Pathfinder. Throughout my life, I have bought, sold, and traded many, many knives including custom knives. For some reason, the Pathfinder is still my favorite sheath knife. As Buck states, it truly is, “a heavy duty, all-purpose knife for general outdoor use. Ideal for those who need a rugged knife.”

Grading the Pathfinder’s performance:

Battoning – F
Chopping – F
Prying – F
Fighting – F C (per posts 10 & 18)
Tacticool appearance – F

General cutting – A+
Slicing – A+
Food prep – A+
Whittling fuzzy sticks, hot dog sticks, tent stakes – A+
Cleaning game and fish – A+
Handle comfort – A+
Timeless, classic appearance – A+

Now members, let’s see your Pathfinders and hear your stories! :)

NiytMPh.jpg

Last edited:
i have one.

good solid knife and very useful for knife tasks.

i wouldnt give it a f for fighting...more of a d.

Reactions: TAH
Regarding the fighting grade. I cannot speak from personal experience, and probably wouldn't if I could, but I know someone who can. This isn't practical tactical, and I am not trying to make claims, but I have a friend who was a Scout Sniper, and he carried a vintage 105 during our recent conflicts. His uncle had carried that same 105 in Vietnam. They both seemed to think that the 105 was a very effective knife.

The 105 certainly doesn't pop into my head immediately when I think of tacticlol mall ninja knives, but I felt like I should point out that I know of at least two people who would give the knife a good fighting grade. I hope to never be in a position to develop an opinion myself.

Regarding the fighting grade. I cannot speak from personal experience, and probably wouldn't if I could, but I know someone who can. This isn't practical tactical, and I am not trying to make claims, but I have a friend who was a Scout Sniper, and he carried a vintage 105 during our recent conflicts. His uncle had carried that same 105 in Vietnam. They both seemed to think that the 105 was a very effective knife.

The 105 certainly doesn't pop into my head immediately when I think of tacticlol mall ninja knives, but I felt like I should point out that I know of at least two people who would give the knife a good fighting grade. I hope to never be in a position to develop an opinion myself.

Okay, I'll change its fighting grade to a "C". Anything higher is going to require extra credit work. :D

Back