The Return Of The Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade...Sunday August 28, 2022 at 9PM Eastern...Now Available in Stone Washed Finish

This is probably the nicest -thing- i've ever owned. Let alone knife.
Edit: It's like the fuller has an elvish inscription or something.
I feel like I should've paid extra for this

You have picked a winner...owning an artwork that is, at the same time, full of utility is one of life's sublime pleasures.....ENJOY!

jpUWXRM.jpg

You have picked a winner...owning an artwork that is, at the same time, full of utility is one of life's sublime pleasures.....ENJOY!

jpUWXRM.jpg
Hey, thanks Pete! I have no idea how ANYONE (and by anyone I mean reddit guys) think the machining on some of these is anything but SUBLIME. This blade speaks volumes to me, i'm not sure what it's saying, but i'm trying to listen lol.
Quick before sleep edit: I may be a poor bastard, but the bug has definitely bitten me. This CANNOT be the only Busse I buy. It simply can't.

Hey, thanks Pete! I have no idea how ANYONE (and by anyone I mean reddit guys) think the machining on some of these is anything but SUBLIME. This blade speaks volumes to me, i'm not sure what it's saying, but i'm trying to listen lol.
Quick before sleep edit: I may be a poor bastard, but the bug has definitely bitten me. This CANNOT be the only Busse I buy. It simply can't.

Congrats on your score!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

I'm betting it won't be your last Bussekin. But you'll spend forever trying to find a better knife. Anywhere. Unless it is another TG.

I'm betting it won't be your last Bussekin. But you'll spend forever trying to find a better knife. Anywhere. Unless it is another TG.
I've got my eye on a few variations of TG, i'm just sad they're so inflated lol. I almost pulled the trigger on a bronze TG HOG with some green on the bronze, was around 1200$. This was the alternative; the wife was happier.

Wow! I’m curious how that’s possible where is the extra weight coming from 🤔
Guessing here, but thinking a little less aggressive on the handle hollowing on the .20" thickness, plus TGLB's spines are flush with the handle slab, where ULB's have that rounded slightly raised spine/tang from the handle scales. On the other side, this specific TGLB that weighs 26g less is a CF finished version with hand shaped black canvas micarta scales from the production run. As light as they come 🤷‍♂️👍🤙
It had me pull out a few more TGLB's to compare weights, plus a TG'14 & an OTG (original Team G), here's what I got:
🙂
On the TGLB's only- HSxxx= handshaped, Mxxx= machined)
TG'14 Satin/TGHD 20.2oz (573g)
OTG Sage/TanCM 20oz (566g)
TGLB Sage/HSBlkCM 16.14oz (458g)
TGULB SW/BlkCM 15.94oz (451g)
TGLUB SW/MrnCM 15.94oz (451g)
TGLB Sage/MTanCM 15.86oz (450g)
TGLB CF/MTanCM 15.4oz (437g)
TGLB CF/HSBlkCM 14.94oz (425g)

Guessing here, but thinking a little less aggressive on the handle hollowing on the .20" thickness, plus TGLB's spines are flush with the handle slab, where ULB's have that rounded slightly raised spine/tang from the handle scales. On the other side, this specific TGLB that weighs 26g less is a CF finished version with hand shaped black canvas micarta scales from the production run. As light as they come 🤷‍♂️👍🤙
It had me pull out a few more TGLB's to compare weights, plus a TG'14 & an OTG (original Team G), here's what I got:
🙂
On the TGLB's only- HSxxx= handshaped, Mxxx= machined)
TG'14 Satin/TGHD 20.2oz (573g)
OTG Sage/TanCM 20oz (566g)
TGLB Sage/HSBlkCM 16.14oz (458g)
TGULB SW/BlkCM 15.94oz (451g)
TGLUB SW/MrnCM 15.94oz (451g)
TGLB Sage/MTanCM 15.86oz (450g)
TGLB CF/MTanCM 15.4oz (437g)
TGLB CF/HSBlkCM 14.94oz (425g)
Very interesting, thanks for the in depth response!!

Edit: There was a picture of sheath here, but since have done more research on them in general. The one I received had ELEVEN splits in the eyelets, and a plethora of other issues that I didn't notice initially, being new to the hobby. So I'll be purchasing a new one from Dave very soon lol.

Last edited:
So these new (latest) TGULB are same thickness as the TG-m ? I believe those were about .20 ?

So these new (latest) TGULB are same thickness as the TG-m ? I believe those were about .20 ?

IF you are talking about the Combat Grade TG-M that was released in Operation Two Weeks, then you are correct. If you are talking about the ones from Blade Show long before that when the TG-M first made an appearance, those were .25" thick with the Light Brigade treatment. I've had most of the TG variants over the years and these are my favorite, with the original TG Light Brigade as a close second. Still unbreakable for most all purposes but a bit more svelte in hand and carry.

Back