The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

Thanks!

Interestingly enough, one of shieldless white ones is marked as a “2” knife. The gentleman I got it from said that he acquired it directly from you at a knife show years ago. I wonder if some of them escaped as 2nds unknowingly?

Could you give us a picture of the tang that has the “2”?

Could you give us a picture of the tang that has the “2”?
The sticker on the tube top has the handwritten label in black ink showing "383215 Smooth Ivory Bone" and then also handwritten below in red ink it says, "2".

The main blade has the Lick Creek etch on the mark side, and the tang is stamped, "NORTHFIELD UN-X-LD MADE IN USA". The pile side is stamped, "383215"

The mark side of the secondary has the "2" stamped onto it. And the pile side says, "CREAT EASTERN" in an arch with, "TIW" within the arch and, "CUTLERY" at the bottom.

The only reason I can see for it being a 2 is the bone cover gets a little thin on the mark side just below where the backspring pin goes through. You can see it appears a little darker in that area.

I don't remember the gentleman's name, but I'm trying to figure it out, to see where he got it from you.

Attachments

• IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3670.jpg
    IMG_3670.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 32
Thanks so much for the pictures, really appreciate your time.

I'll see what Bill Howard has to say about the 2 stamp, that's weird. It could be legit, but I don't remember any seconds, but this is the first time I've seen that tube , as I had Chistine Tucker mail them all to my friend from the factory.

The guy who sold it to you lied about getting it from me. Period.

The friend I sent ALL THESE to mistakenly gave them away, thinking I had gifted him them. I had thought to get those later at the knife show where we always met , after he tried scratting and modifying some, but also get the artist he set up beside at the show to scrimshaw a couple. He was building a new house and moving all his stuff to another location. In the mean time I got married and my wife and I developed health problems and my friend and I drifted further apart . This happened over several years. He told me he never sold any, not one, and I TOTALLY believe him. He is a generous guy, he gave me close to $1000 worth of knives when we met.

These were intended to be handle modified, ( scratted or scrimshawed) ,that's the reason I had Bill leave off the shields on 5 or 6. Again, I had NEVER seen one until they started showing up here.

I believe you , but the guy you bought them from definitely didn't get it from me.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the pictures, really appreciate your time.

I'll see what Bill Howard has to say about the 2 stamp, that's weird. It could be legit, but I don't remember any seconds, but this is the first time I've seen that tube , as I had Chistine Tucker mail them all to my friend from the factory.

The guy who sold it to you lied about getting it from me. Period.

The friend I sent ALL THESE to mistakenly gave them away, thinking I had gifted him them. I had thought to get those later at the knife show where we always met , after he tried scratting and modifying some, but also get the artist he set up beside at the show to scrimshaw a couple. He was building a new house and moving all his stuff to another location. In the mean time I got married and my wife and I developed health problems and my friend and I drifted further apart . This happened over several years. He told me he never sold any, not one, and I TOTALLY believe him. He is a generous guy, he gave me close to $1000 worth of knives when we met.

These were intended to be handle modified, ( scratted or scrimshawed) ,that's the reason I had Bill leave off the shields on 5 or 6. Again, I had NEVER seen one until they started showing up here.

I believe you , but the guy you bought them from definitely didn't get it from me.
Curious, did you have a vision for the scrimshaw art on those knives? I picture a part of the scene on the front of your tube art.

Amazing knives in this thread. Here's a farmer made by Ashley Harrison.

GcMCIuQ.jpg

au04xvd.jpg

This knife is my newest and prime example of "man, I wish I would have discovered GEC and blade forums about three years earlier". Travman Travman 's post of his smooth white bone the other day has got me down the rabbit trail and I just have to track one of these beauties down. I've looked through this entire thread and the history shared by wlfryjr wlfryjr makes these some special beauties. Well done!

Back