• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Shrinkster wallet! My own simple design and manufacture.

Hello Bladeforums members!

I am very happy to finally be selling my simple invention.
The Shrinkster wallet!
Just $9.99 via paypal or money order shipped to your door (in the usa)
Outside usa ok, just pm me for additional shipping cost.
If you would like one I made it easy to buy on my website with PayPal buttons.
Www.theshrinkster.com

shrinkster005-1.jpg

I used ABS plastic for the platform, so it will be durable, and shatter resistant. In the event of a car crash or something, I did not want shards of the Shrinkster cutting my supporters!

EPDM rubber for the bands. A very long lasting and tough rubber, that is UV resistant, Ozone resistant, and capable of withstanding extreme temperatures.
*I am also including a spare set of bands.

It has a stonewashed finish!
shrinkster004-1.jpg

At only an eighth inch thick, it is nearly guaranteed to shrink the thickness of your current wallet set up.
Water won't harm it. With the optional Shrinkster floatation device it floats! I have tested it with 6 bills and eight cards and it floated. I believe it could float with more.

shrinkster007-1.jpg

shrinkster010.jpg

shrinkster011.jpg

The foam piece is rough cut, by either my endura zdp ffg or Large Sebenza, a couple were done with a Bark river aurora, and a M390 Paramilitary 2 :D The foam is rather rough cut, but it works!
shrinkster012.jpg

Entirely made in the USA by me :D

It has four "compartments" one under both bands on one side, then under just one band. Then flip it over and put cards under both bands, and then under the one band.

shrinkster008.jpg

Does not come with money or cards!! :D

Float test! (With foam piece installed)
shrinkster002-1.jpg

Last edited:
totally awesome. i use a rubber band as a wallet, so i may buy one of these. great idea.

I appreciate it!
It will be on the way tomorrow.

This is going to be my 1000th post! Got to plan a give away

If I didn't use a smart money clip by Storus already I would be all over that invention of yours! I hate wallets. Of course my clip don't float so I mayhaps need to get one for when I am on the water.....

Nice. Compact, lightweight, multiple carry options.

I can see a business/meeting configuration with my business cards on one side, cards from other participants going on the other, notepaper tucked underneath.

Travel option: multiple country stopovers with different currencies.

If I didn't use a smart money clip by Storus already I would be all over that invention of yours! I hate wallets. Of course my clip don't float so I mayhaps need to get one for when I am on the water.....

Also consider the plastic baggie option, which would work wonderfully with the Shrinkster. Anything from grocery store Zip-Locs to Alok-Saks -- no added bulk.

Also consider the plastic baggie option, which would work wonderfully with the Shrinkster. Anything from grocery store Zip-Locs to Alok-Saks -- no added bulk.

That seems like a great idea. You mean to put the whole wallet in a ziploc when going around water? That's a great idea for any wallet too. In a family of fisherman and hunters, surprisingly I don't believe I saw anyone do that. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things.

That seems like a great idea. You mean to put the whole wallet in a ziploc when going around water? That's a great idea for any wallet too. In a family of fisherman and hunters, surprisingly I don't believe I saw anyone do that. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things.

I've seen similar proposals. There is even a flexible plastic wallet with Zip-Loc style seals for both pockets. I have an old one around here somewhere. I think the last time I used it was for bandaids on one side and alcohol pads on the other.

Great idea. You should start making them out of carbon fiber, wood and G10. Sure those aren't shatter-proof but they sure look good. Then again it looks good already.

Kaleb

Great idea. You should start making them out of carbon fiber, wood and G10. Sure those aren't shatter-proof but they sure look good. Then again it looks good already.

Kaleb

Thanks Kaleb!
I am definitely planning on doing a pink one and donating money to breast cancer from it. I was going to call it the chickster. It would be nice for a woman going to a bar or something, where she would not want to bring a purse.

I just might get a couple more exotic Shrinksters up for sale in the near future, good idea!

Looks like a cool idea!!
I hate bulky wallet.

How tight is the band?
How long does the band last?

Thanks Sunby!
The bands are tight and strong enough that it holds everything very securely. Yet they have enough stretch and flexibility that it isn't a headache getting things in and out.

I will have a one year warranty on the bands.
I have been using mine since April, and a couple of other people have. No breakage or looks of serious distress yet.
I won't charge much for replacement bands either. Probably one or two dollars shipped. They ought to fit in a regular envelope.

I just got my shrinkster and I absolutely love it. It's exactly what I have been looking for - the "anti wallet". Thanks so much for offering such a great item, I hope you sell a ton. Consider putting your logo directly on the shrinkster, so it can market itself. And maybe also include a couple extra rubber bands. Of course, the customer can always just supply their own rubber bands, but the ones that came with the shrinkster are very nice, and appropriately sized.

I got mine today, too. Thanks, Shane!

I already put it to work, not exactly as a wallet, but for something I hadn't thought of before. First, I was going to the bank to hit the ATM up for some cash. Instead of standing there fumbling with my wallet and bank card and then with the money and a receipt, I slipped the card onto the Shrinkster, to slip the receipt and bills under that, and leave. All in one tight, neat package in my shirt pocket.

Before I left, I realized I had a few other errands to get to in the next few days that I had written down on small note cards. Bingo! on the opposite side of the Shrinkster, in priority order. It's my "secretary wallet"! :)

I just got my shrinkster and I absolutely love it. It's exactly what I have been looking for - the "anti wallet". Thanks so much for offering such a great item, I hope you sell a ton. Consider putting your logo directly on the shrinkster, so it can market itself. And maybe also include a couple extra rubber bands. Of course, the customer can always just supply their own rubber bands, but the ones that came with the shrinkster are very nice, and appropriately sized.

Thanks for the feedback!
I had stickers made to apply to the shrinkster, but my wife said it made them look cheap. Another said maybe some sort of hot branding device to melt in a logo. Once I get the right idea I might apply a logo.

I also think your idea of extra rubber bands is a good one.

I got mine today, too. Thanks, Shane!

I already put it to work, not exactly as a wallet, but for something I hadn't thought of before. First, I was going to the bank to hit the ATM up for some cash. Instead of standing there fumbling with my wallet and bank card and then with the money and a receipt, I slipped the card onto the Shrinkster, to slip the receipt and bills under that, and leave. All in one tight, neat package in my shirt pocket.

Before I left, I realized I had a few other errands to get to in the next few days that I had written down on small note cards. Bingo! on the opposite side of the Shrinkster, in priority order. It's my "secretary wallet"! :)

Glad to hear it!

I really like that you are using it in your own way. I think it could be a useful device in many different ways, I appreciate you sharing that. Eventually I would like to list all the known uses :D

Back