• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Steel Is In!

Got the delivery Friday afternoon. The specs. are as follows:

Carbon - .82
Mang. - .80

There is also Vanadium in this batch, much like the 1095. It is only .026, but it is enough so that the steel is designated 1084FG. It's kind of like 1084 on steroids and the grain should be like glass.:D

I'll be packaging this week.(All Week!) We will start shipping towards the end of next week. There is not very much left in this load. If you were planning to get it, get in touch with me at njsteelbaron@gmail.com .

Thank you All,
Aldo Bruno

Very cool Aldo! I just tempered 5 blades I banged out of that 1" stock, looking forward to working with this 1084.

I am looking forward to this batch. My new shop is almost in shape and the new forge is getting assembled (just have to practice MIG welding with stainless steel a few more times!)

Joe,

Yours is all rapped up. Should be out by the end of the week. Scott, yours to.

Aldo

Hey Aldo,

I just wanted to post a GREAT BIG THANK YOU on all the threads that apply for the 1095 and 1084 that showed up today. :D

Mike

Back