The Sunday Picture Show (February 11th, 2024)

Thank you Roger for doing the Sunday Picture Show and the History lesson. State’s rights trumping human rights was a cause for concern among “progressives”. I got this 112 out of a dollar box at a flea market. Sent it in for a spa treatment and a new blade.IMG_4886.png

Fished this one out of the bay. It arrived duller than a campaign fundraiser.
pUkKVqnh.jpg

C Chilebrown I've said it before, the Crimson Tide 110 was the most pimped out 110 ever. I thought the red Corelon on brass would make a beautiful knife without the silkscreen. Smoky Mountain had them and didn't sell very fast, I recall the price being lowered. Thought about buying a few and cleaning them up, never did. In hindsight I wish I had bought at least one for the collection but I was struggling with the "UGH' factor.
110.Crimson.Tide.2013.jpg

Last edited:
B BennyBlade
Love that little fire box. How big is it?
Folding camp stove? Brand?
View attachment 2491805
It is an uberleben stick stove they also sell great ferro rods. mine is titanium, which is an upgrade. its 6.25 inches tall and 5.5 x 5.5 square at its widest point. weighs 6.9 oz. separates into separate pieces and stores in a waxed canvas envelope.

View attachment 2491959View attachment 2491961View attachment 2491963View attachment 2491965View attachment 2491973View attachment 2491974View attachment 2491976

View attachment 2491979View attachment 2491981View attachment 2491982

Last edited:
C Chilebrown I've said it before, the Crimson Tide 110 was the most pimped out 110 ever. I thought the red Corelon on brass would make a beautiful knife without the silkscreen. Smoky Mountain had them and didn't sell very fast, I recall the price being lowered. Thought about buying a few and cleaning them up, never did. In hindsight I wish I had bought at least one for the collection but I was struggling with the "UGH' factor.
View attachment 2491975
It is a busy knife. I wonder about who picked out the graphics/silkscreen on the handle because it is a little wild. Alabama fans must love this knife.

Aren’t they named after the nickname of the mayor of Kansas City at the time?
You are correct. Roe Bartle was the one responsible for bringing the team to KC. Among other things he was a politician and his staff called him "Chief". He was an interesting person— very large, close to 300 pounds, and had a booming voice. Before becoming mayor, he was a Boy Scout executive for western Missouri. When he ran for mayor, he had a built in body of voters from all the former Boy Scouts in Kansas City. In addition to his Boy Scout work, he was a very successful investor, and I think he donated his Boy Scout salary back to the Boy Scouts. Before he became mayor, Bartle and my father worked on several things together, and as a kid I met him a few times.

A few years ago, I discovered an interesting bit of trivia. In the mid-1920s Bartle was the Boy Scout executive for the State of Wyoming. The house he lived in is only two blocks from the house I now live in. It's a small world.

Bert

Last edited:
B BennyBlade Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. About the stove. Pro Cons titanium vs stainess?
not sure how much the SS weighs. When I made the purchase, the weight difference seemed to be worth the increase in price. If I remember right, its half the weight. that is the only difference I am aware of

edit. It also cools super fast. you can pick it up in your bare hands less than a minute after there is no fire in it. not sure if SS dissipates heat as fast

This Vantage Select was purchased at junk pricing, and then the blade was shortened to qualify as legal in a State that requires a 3" or less blade length to be carried concealed. So to others it has very little value, but I have enjoyed carrying and using it for the last 14 years. It is sharp and easy to keep that way, and it seems almost bullet proof.

q6sgnuJ.jpg
Best EDC Buck, I have many different versions, I've carried one form or another for 12+ years

Back