The Survive! Knife Alternatives Thread. All suggestions WELCOME!

Let's give neophytes alternatives to the mess that is attempting to purchases a Survive! Knife in anything that approaches "real time". I'll edit a list in this OP. See below it's started.

By real time I mean prior to meeting someone, falling in love, getting married, having some kids, raising said kids, seeing a marriage counselor, maybe getting divorced.

Suggestions:
Give company, model, photo, customer service experience. It's a free for all. You do you. If you're a maker, dealer, seller. Go for it (if allowed).

Links are provided for ease of research, not as an inducement to purchase. No intent to disregard forum rules. If at all POSSIBLE decide to buy from supporters of this forum. I'm doing a lot of this on mobile, trying to get to a manufacturer site. If I missed please let me know, I'll fix it.

TOPS/TKC Architect series Field Buddy 6.5 in 3V
Fiddleback Forge camp knife - appear to be a lot of models, tried to link correct one.

Bradford Knives - photos Guardian 3.5 Sheepsfoot (top), Guardian 3 Sheepsfoot & Wharncliffe on page 10
Buck
Busse Combat Knives
Cold Steel
CPK: Carothers Performance Knives. ( FK2, HDFK)
Fallknivens S1
FOBOS knives
Freeman Outdoor Gear model 451 5” magnacut
Hinderer
Lionsteel
OKT
Ontario Knife Company (OKC) - DEFUNCT per statement on site. h/t to A Antonymous
T.Kell
TRC Knives
White River Knives
CRK
Skrama
Reiff Knives
Tops
Kabarz/Becker
Spartan
Esee
Scrapyard Knife Company SYKCO - DB421
Swamp Rat
Volunteer Knife
Winkler Knives
Extremaratio Onto

Last edited:
In terms of mass production knives, there are so many reputable companies with quality products and impressive warranties. Tops, Kabar/Becker, Spartan, Esee, Buck, SYKCO, Swamp Rat, etc. all have great customer service, consistent quality, affordable and competitive pricing, awesome warranties. Most important of all, their knives actually exist.

Last edited:
Let me be transparent for a minute, I did own a Survive GSO 5.1 for a short spell. While it was a decent knife and I did like the silhouette of the knife, it was by no means special in any way. The way the company conducted their business left such a bad taste in my mouth, I couldn’t in good conscience continue to own their product. Call it dramatic, but it is my personal conviction and I’ll stand by it.

Carothers FK2. One and done.

GB03gF.jpg

aSIiej.jpg

Not sure why anyone would bother with Survive! when there are so many readily available, excellent alternatives.

Carothers FK2. One and done.

GB03gF.jpg

aSIiej.jpg

Not sure why anyone would bother with Survive! when there are so many readily available, excellent alternatives.
100% in agreement, expect for me the HDFK is the one and done fixed blade. After careful consideration (took about a week), the HDFK literally covers ALL the bases for me in a fixed blade knife. The SYKCO DB421 comes in at a close second.
View attachment 2206389

simple fact is survive charges a fairly hefty price.... imho almost anything is a better value proposition, like already mentioned buck covers your bases

mora is the clear value leader since they provide such quality for low prices

read a few thousand posts on these forums to get upto speed on all the other nuanced choices ; )

100% in agreement, expect for me the HDFK is the one and done fixed blade. After careful consideration (took about a week), the HDFK literally covers ALL the bases for me in a fixed blade knife. The SYKCO DB421 comes in at a close second.
View attachment 2206389
Also a great choice if one wants something a little larger. SDFK fills that role for me.

0k5wa7.jpg

Back