The time is almost here. Smoke please....

DIJ has the answer - think cigar shaped objects that leave no trail!!! And good luck Bill.

Smoke and Song this morning for a fully charged run at it Bill...

Bill.
I had me ona them.
You'll be ready to wrestle an alligator in about 3 months. :cool:
JUst make sure and follow orders to the T
~~~~SMOKE~~~~~

I just prayed for you. My mother in law got both knees replaced, and she is now going like a six gun at a shootout. You will do better. Try to keep peaceful, and rest easy.

I really love you guys! Your support is amazing! And your ideas for lookng at the end result are very helpful.

Surgery went very well. No complications. Epidural was fine. No need to add in a general anesthetic.

I feel very well suported. The pain is intense when I move, though.

Anne is being a rock. Solid, and suporting. I am a very lucky man to have friends like you and a wife like her!

More later

Glad to hear it went well . I,ll be thinking about you this weekend as I have for the last couple of days . I,m making sure everything is sharp and in its place . I,ve shaved all the hair off one arm . L:O:L I even turned up an old hand cranked sharening stone . My hawks are all good to go . Read a good book , fresh air if you can and we,ll be thinking about you .

Prayers from Reno,
Good luck

Bill, Very glad to hear things went well. Will continue to pray for a good recovery. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Mark

Sorry I wasn't in time to give you good vibes during the op! But you sure have all of them now, bro! Smoke rising for your recovery, and may you run the Boston marathon very soon. :)

Chris

OK, folks. The surgery is over an now for the rehab.

This hurts! But I will do it. The older I get, the more I understand the need to follow procedure. And, though it does really hurt, it is the fastest way to recovery.

I got 44 staples in my leg. Pictures to follow when I get home. Still in the freaking hospital. Well, trying to keep my spirits up, I have a little room with my wife and dogs.

Trying to look on the good side, I have some good looking women who bring me narcotics whenever I call. All I have to do is push a little red button and within ten seconds a nurse is asking me what do I want? "How about a Percoset?" "Sure, your doctor says you can have two every four to six hours"

Truthfully the drugs are no fun and I greatly fear addiction, so I don't call too often. In the beginning I had a "Pain Pump," and when I was still on the IV, I could push a button and relief would quickly follow.

Food is catered. It is not great, but the people are really neat. About half the staff is foreign. I was just wheeled down to radiology by Raphael. He is from Nigeria. Yoruba culture and we talked about Shango, the god of lightning and thunder.

The radiologist is Chinese and we talked about Terra Cotta warriors near the Yangtze River.

My morning nurse is named "Comfort." She is also Nigerian. So black as to look like a hole in the night Striking silver earrings. Melodic accent.

The night nurse is named "Cliff." I would not want to pick up a bar of soap in the shower, but he is a neat and caring guy. He loves our Cavalier King Charles spaniels (everyone does), and told me stories about his Pomeranians.

Have had two strange bouts. Saturday night I had hot flashes. The doctors say that my body is trying to get rid of the anesthesia. I had an epidural, but still there are chemicals I am trying to flush. This was a bad time. Anne, at my request, had the room temperature set at 60 degrees. She was wearing two shirts and a sweater. I was roasting! The cure is drinking a lot of water and doing deep breathing exercises every 30 minutes.

I thought it was the end. I was seeing faces in the wallpaper and the ceiling tiles had strange spidery writing on them. I was trying to decipher. There seemed to be a bugle softly playing..

Blood pressure was 201/91 temperature was 101.4 degrees. It was no fun. I think that if I had not had so many people praying for me, I would be with Bill and Rusty, laughing at you right now. Both dogs were freaking out and trying to crawl all over me. Anne was calling the doctors.

Then the fever broke, the BP went down to 144/71.

Temperature to 99. This happened again on Sunday night to a somewhat lesser degree. Since then it has been hard at times, but we are pulling through.

My physical therapist looks like "Carrie" from "Sex and the City." A dominatrix with a heart of gold about six feet tall.

As write this my right leg is in a machine that moves it back and forth slowly bending it and straightening it out. I have gone from 40 degrees to 75 degrees since Saturday. I use this six hours every day, and will keep on for the next few weeks. I will reach a minimum of 110 degrees.

Anne and I will go home tonight. It will go with me. More "Home Therapists" will meet with me on Wednesday and torture me some more. I know that the only way out is through.

Anne has been a rock. The smartest thing I ever did in my life was to marry her. It has been hard. I am no picnic to live with, but she hangs in there. So do I.

Thanking you all again for the support. It is a privilege knowing you and I am looking forward to being a part of this Forum for a long time

Warmest regards

Very late but glad you're doing okay. The physical therapy is the hardest part but you will do much better as soon as you get your strength back. Best thoughts for you.

Ice

That was the best recovery post I remember reading.

The leather and chain guys ask that next time you include more blood, pus, and anything green looking like it's about to ferment.

Good Going Bill. I'm happy to hear this.

munk

Glad things are starting to look up. Keep the faith and do the excercises. You'll heal. God bless.

Mark

Back