The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

I'm interested and will wait and see what is offered.

Lion Steel is ok. I would be in if it looks like a GEC 66 Calf Roper or a 34OT. Some nice saw cut brown bone for the OT version would be really nice. If there is any decent snakewood for the 66, that would be great. I don't mean that smudgy looking stuff, but the really well defined pattern type. I am not saying other materials would not make my day, but those are the ones that come to mind. Also, color the screws to match the scales. That part is important.

...Another thing I love about my VOTFK...Is that its completely and unquestionably flipperproof...also as it virtual it can happliy co exist with an actual OTFK....double bonus special feature!

I don't know. I kinda like watching two flippers go a each other over who is the flippiest. It's like watching two sparrows fight over a cigarette butt.

While I don't consider the Italian torx screw knives "traditional", I do think they are good knives.
I have a Roundhead and find it to be of good quality, but I don't post it... not traditional.
I think I'm in the minority, so I don't make a big deal of it unless the subject arises.
All that said... I would be 100% behind one of these knives for the Forum Knife.
I think it would reduce the most distasteful part of the Forum Knife... the flipping.
My one question would be, "Could they possibly put a stronger pull on their knives?"

knifeswapper knifeswapper I would definitely be interested in an Italian modern traditional! Thanks for trying to get a 2020 knife going! It is very much appreciated.

Any chance that international members could get a knife drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer, like you arranged with GEC for the 2019 knife?

LionSteel makes a quality knife but I would want to know about the pull... At this moment I have not yet completed my 3 week thumb wrestling class designed to strengthen my weak thumbs which are very poor at pulling out a CKMike rated 7 GEC blade... So, CKMike would have to provide his pull ratings on these knives before I could possibly decide.

Last edited:
As I've stated before in this thread, this unpleasant year has generated exceptional circumstances and IF we get offered a Forum Knife it will have to be take it or leave it. This is no time for prissy sulking or suchlike behaviours :rolleyes: As for sacrilege that's only for the dogmatic, another form of prissiness :D.

I SAY YES!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT :thumbsup:

Lionsteel make a quality knife that's interesting and is individual. Titanium is light, won't rust to be gappy and the tubed effect they use on the liners is admirable.

Fullsteam ahead please Mike knifeswapper knifeswapper :cool: Just have to find a Forumite to help with the shipping as you don't like International delivery. Wait minute, it can stop off in Finland en route from Italia to America, no problem :)

Thanks, Will

The Italians have a long history of aesthetics :cool:

THIS PART OF THE THREAD HAS TO BECOME BINDING :D:D;)

DVX3gUF.jpg

Just throwing this question out there....

Any interest in an Italian made modern traditional (Titanium frame, torx screws, M390 steel)? Or is that sacrilege to too many folks here?

Interest here. I've looked at the modern traditionals - and some are quite tempting to try - but haven't taken the plunge yet. This could be the gentle prod I need...:D
Thank you for offering the possibility...wasn't looking like there was gonna be one. :thumbsup:

As I've stated before in this thread, this unpleasant year has generated exceptional circumstances and IF we get offered a Forum Knife it will have to be take it or leave it. This is no time for prissy sulking or suchlike behaviours :rolleyes: As for sacrilege that's only for the dogmatic, another form of prissiness :D.

I SAY YES!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT :thumbsup:

Lionsteel make a quality knife that's interesting and is individual. Titanium is light, won't rust to be gappy and the tubed effect they use on the liners is admirable.

Fullsteam ahead please Mike knifeswapper knifeswapper :cool: Just have to find a Forumite to help with the shipping as you don't like International delivery. Wait minute, it can stop off in Finland en route from Italia to America, no problem :)

Thanks, Will
I'm sure we can figure out how to get you a knife.... heck, I even mailed one to Canada, of all places....:D

@knarfeng knifeswapper knifeswapper
Mike's offer has been discussed with Frank and me. Thanks again, Mike!
The Italian knives have been posted here in the forum and are within the definition we use for a traditional knife. We're on board as long as the membership shows enough interest and it's OK with the site owner.

Lionsteel makes a quality product, you'd have a guaranteed sale from me that's for sure.

Back