The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgatodeacero

Gold Member
Greetings all!

It is time, once again, to have a non-binding, unofficial discussion that carries no weight, about the possibility of a 2021 Bladeforum traditional knife.

I will start the thread by proposing that either 1) GEC make us a mini-trapper pattern with either red jig bone covers or osage orange wood covers, or, 2) Buck make us a full flat grind 105 or 103 pattern in S45VN, with ironwood handles and brown leather sheath.

Since my ideas are so good, a simple “yes, those are the two best ideas ever” can be posted as a show of moral support and moral superiority.

It is also acceptable to submit other ideas for a 2021 forum knife, to complain that we are starting too early, starting too late, that you will never ever buy a certain style of knife, that GEC won’t do it, Buck won’t do it, the forum owner will have flashbacks and refuse to do it, that a dealer will never step up, or that Covid makes the whole thing logistically impossible, or even that you already have all the knives you need so a forum knife is pointless to you.

What is your opinion?!

I like the Buck idea. I like the fixed idea to change things up. I’d like a 117 in either S45VN or a carbon like 5160 or W2. Makes sense since they’ve discon the 117 from production for whatever silly reason.

If a folder I would like to see a GEC equal end of some sort with a nice clip main on one end and a nice pen secondary on the other end. Secondary wharnie would work too, that would be my second choice.

Sentiments with regards to GEC have never been more contentious - I've taken a bit of a step back as a result. Adding a forum knife discussion into the mix is just asking for more heat... (I say this with some amusement).

However, whatever the powers that be decide in terms of a 2021 Forum Knife, I am on board and will look forward to seeing what our options are.

A bit of an unpopular idea perhaps, but I do wonder if it would at all be possible to reach out to the new S&M folks and see if they would be interested in producing a forum knife. It would give them great exposure and some motivation to bring their "A" game. Worth a thought, perhaps.

Sentiments with regards to GEC have never been more contentious - I've taken a bit of a step back as a result. Adding a forum knife discussion into the mix is just asking for more heat... (I say this with some amusement).

However, whatever the powers that be decide in terms of a 2021 Forum Knife, I am on board and will look forward to seeing what our options are.

A bit of an unpopular idea perhaps, but I do wonder if it would at all be possible to reach out to the new S&M folks and see if they would be interested in producing a forum knife. It would give them great exposure and some motivation to bring their "A" game. Worth a thought, perhaps.
Involving s&m would be a great idea imo. Show of good faith.

I like the idea of a S&M knife...be interesting to see what they came up with.

I still think gec ought to do this last sfo for us.

S&m would be a really great idea. Ill take a sowbelly stockman please.

Ive never heard of boker doing sfos but that would be fantanstic.

Collectorknives has a great relationship with those italian makers and that route seems to be out most promising. Just look at all those options he had for us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back