The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread...

And how is the doctor/scientist that works for the Governor still alive? He is straight up stupid. Keep playing your crappy records, its not gonna help you.

Garth

Reading through this I am so lost, I've only seen the first season. Oye, I think it's time that I catch up. :(

I really hope we get the "We are the Walking Dead" speech at some point this season.

Great episode. Andrea in G.. Cool.

Maggie not hurt... Cool :)

Glen, getting tougher no longer fodder (liking him more)

Good Rick is back..

And they are going to get the Governor :) Next episode is going to be huge... Shame about the break...

I agree! I can't imagine what is going to happen this coming Sunday. . . Mayhem :thumbup:

Holy crap! Glen took an epic beating like a man

i really hope someone ventilates that bastard of a "governor"

Michonne is a character that I just don't get. She is awesome as far as the sword wielding zombie killer, she is just inconsistant. I mean she will kill her pet walkers with no thought, she will kill a crazy old man in his cabin like it's her job but then she has had chances to kill both Merle and the Governor and has not done it.

Garth

If Michonne would have killed the Governor and Merle already we wouldn't be so anxious for this Sunday. There has to be bad guys so we can root for the good ones.:thumbup:

LOL! how many good guys would tell a cute little Italian boy "Hey look at that bird." Then shoot him in the head?

LOL! how many good guys would tell a cute little Italian boy "Hey look at that bird." Then shoot him in the head?

Someone who wants to stay alive.

Dude was gonna snitch him to the nutjob governor.

Merle's fear of the governor and the look on his face that tells you he doesn't like playing #2 to anyone makes me think he will betray the governor for his brother later on.

That being said, I'm sure he dies in the process because he will never be welcome with Rick's guys after what he did.

Glen definitely made an impression on me the last episode. . . He is alot stronger than I thought he was! So was Maggie!

Someone who wants to stay alive.

Dude was gonna snitch him to the nutjob governor.

Merle's fear of the governor and the look on his face that tells you he doesn't like playing #2 to anyone makes me think he will betray the governor for his brother later on.

That being said, I'm sure he dies in the process because he will never be welcome with Rick's guys after what he did.

I think he deserved to be snitched on! In a world full of walkers there is no room for a murderer on the loose.

Because he was hiding under a blanket, duh!! It's the only proven defense against zombies.

And how the Governor & his patrols have missed the guy in the cabin just a mile away from Woodberry

I was wondering the same thing, major plot hole.

the guy threatened to call the cops on them
with that track record, I'd be scared, too :(

seriously though, maybe the guy was with Woodbury.

And how is the doctor/scientist that works for the Governor still alive? He is straight up stupid. Keep playing your crappy records, its not gonna help you.

Garth

Being intelligent is more than having an omnipotent understanding of the world around you. While we understand many of his 'experiments' are likely flawed - we only do so because we've been told as much by the omnipotent narrator/story editor. There's no reason to expect anyone to know that the virus takes over the primal part of the brain removing the past self entirely. The experiment he created was the best you can do without access to any kind of medical equipment. That he is thinking about the virus singles him out among everyone else we've met so far except the one scientist at the cdc who was studying it. He stands out as a thinking man among survivors, someone who takes the scientific approach and considers important elements of a survival situation like stock supplies and energy demands.

That he hoped and wanted to let the old man be unrestrained doesn't make him stupid - it makes him niave and human. He hasn't seen the narration we have, and he's never seen anyone turn. He knows the dangers, he just hasn't seen enough evidence to fully explain them in a way that would modify his actions to be more like the people around him.

He may not have experienced much of the outside worlds required brutality in his survival of the apocalypse. We have no idea how long he's been at woodbury. He may have lived in an apartment near it and managed to stay in civilization more or less continuously. You can't expect someone with that experience to react the same, or to have the same life view as someone whose had to hunt and forage in zombie infested territory for an entire winter.

Michonne is a character that I just don't get. She is awesome as far as the sword wielding zombie killer, she is just inconsistant. I mean she will kill her pet walkers with no thought, she will kill a crazy old man in his cabin like it's her job but then she has had chances to kill both Merle and the Governor and has not done it.

Garth

The conditions of those four incidents makes her actions very consistent and well thought out. The pet walkers were killed to keep them quite to evade capture, and it was done in a controlled situation (only andrea watching). The old man in the cabin was done to keep him from unleashing a horde of zombies into a confined space and it was among people she mostly trusted at that point (seen through multiple shots of her overhearing their group dynamics and smiling or thinking), it also put her in the position within that group as someone to respect and not roll over.

With the governor she was in an enemy encampment surrounded by gun weilding people willing to mercilessly kill innocent outsiders at the governors command. Had she slit his throught she would have had to fight her way out of that alone. With merle she did her best in close quarters but there are limits to what you can do in a fight. She's strong and capable but he had a gun and there were walkers present - there comes a point where escape, evade and ambush is the best available option. Standing her ground and going toe to toe with him is a brash gamble, if survival is your goal those kinds of gambles aren't pretty options. When she met him again in town there were two people there that she didn't know and she was already wounded - and most importantly at a distance against 3 potential opponents all wielding guns. To hobble into that fight would have been suicide.

Machonne protects herself. When she trust someone, she does her best to protect them, until they put her in a place of danger. Then she has to protect herself first. That's been pretty consistent so far.

Last edited:
And how the Governor & his patrols have missed the guy in the cabin just a mile away from Woodberry

They didn't try to take the prison because it was in the red zone. They obviously do patrols out into the surrounding territories, but not often and mostly to recover known spots of habitation. That cabin was in the middle of the woods with no roads leading to it in the middle of what they consider 'the red zone' - they would have had little reason to go wandering into the woods looking for stray cabins.

the guy threatened to call the cops on them
with that track record, I'd be scared, too :(

seriously though, maybe the guy was with Woodbury.

If he suggested calling the cops he was probably wasn't aware that the world had fallen apart - that 'cops' still existed and that there was a phone line to call them with. I don't think he was with anyone, I think he lived out in the woods by himself and had no communication with the outside world. His knowledge of the zombie apocalypse was likely limited to the zombies themselves out of his front door.

Last edited:
Back