The Walking Dead season 6 *spoiler alert* Read at own risk!

I think it's more of a cool factor than actual usage. If you're swinging that thing at a human....kinda don't matter if barbed wire is on it or not. Just makes the effect a little more gruesome I think. Looks cool to me, but like I said, all Season Finale weekend I spent carving a bat and wrapping barbed wire around it. I'm one of the fans that loves Negan though.

What's the point of them dying a day later? In a fight you got to disable people there and then.
Thus it's only used if he's winning anyways. And then its so not necessary. Cruel bosstard.

MORE SLIGHT POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Just think about that technique being used on a crossbow bolt, guaranteed distance kills regardless where it hits. That's it, not saying anymore about it lol
MORE SLIGHT POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I think it's more of a cool factor than actual usage. If you're swinging that thing at a human....kinda don't matter if barbed wire is on it or not. Just makes the effect a little more gruesome I think. Looks cool to me, but like I said, all Season Finale weekend I spent carving a bat and wrapping barbed wire around it. I'm one of the fans that loves Negan though.

Thats pretty much is it lol. Cool factor. "Lucille has barbed wire wrapped around the end of her. It's f*****g awesome" I guess I was just trying to say later on it does factor in to the story.

I agree about loving Negan though, hes awesome- I hope they do him right, obviously have to clean his mouth up, but they need to make sure to show his humor. One of the things that makes him great. Funny, charismatic, cruel, and terrifying. Jeffrey Morgan was an excellent choice though, The Comedian from Watchmen was a great thing to have on his resume for this role.

Yep...they nailed the last 15 mins of the episode if you ask me. . When Negan stepped out of the camper and said...."Y'all pissin' your pants yet?" .....that moment right there was when I knew I'd like him. Great choice on Jeffrey Morgan.

Last edited:
Just looked at episode 12 again where Glenn is seen looking at photos of bashed in heads at the Savior compound. If that's not a foreshadow I don't know what is.

Also about the bat, it's symbolic in a way I believe. The bat represents Negan, the barbed wire represents the Saviors. Individually they aren't as strong and brutal as they are together. Negan may be a really bad dude....but ya gotta love him.

I am more interested in learning more about Negan than I care about who had a date with Lucille.

Garth

I don't think it was one of the female characters, Negan says he took that like a champ after hitting them with Lucille

It's one of the men. After the first blow, Negan says "Oh, HE'S taking it like a champ!"

I'm still saying Michonne. If not her, then I think it has to be Glen or Daryl in that order. Just based on what someone said earlier about the RV not being visible, and based on the lighting in the spoilers on AMC.com. Plus, they stop the spoilers immediately after the hit, which makes me think they might be trying to keep people from repeatedly playing it back and hearing Negan say he's taking it like a champ. Dunno... Based on lighting, I also agree that it is someone far right in the group, which is, I think, Michonne, Daryl, and Glen, in that order. Central to further right.

Everyone is talking about it, about how terrible it was.
Imagine how much BIGGER it would be if they did it right.
Imagine this instead (graphic description):

Negan beating Glenn to death on camera. Caving his head in, Glenn's eye popping out, going into convulsions, screaming "Maggie!"
Negan beating his head until its nothing but his body with mutilation where his head should be.
Everyone screaming and crying. Maggie screaming in terror. Rick sobbing. Negan laughing.
Rick getting angry, says, "I will kill you. not today, but I will kill you."
Negan responds, "You still wanna act tough, I'll have a few of my men run a train on your boy. I'm sure a few would be into that sort of thing."
Rick looks down, defeating, crying, says, "No, you're right, I'm sorry"
Negan grabs Ricks chin and says, "YOU did this. Your birth didn't have to be so hard. YOU made it that way. I hope we learned our little lesson. I'll be back next week for first payment. Ta-ta."
The final scene being Negan walking away, his back turned to the camera. Lucille slung over his shoulder with Glenn's brains dripping off.

^^^People would be talking about that WAY more. That would have been historic. There would have been news articles about "Did the walking dead go too far or break violence boundaries?" There would have been reports of people having panic attacks in front of their TVs. It could have been glorious. Negan shows up and within 5 minutes he has brutally murdered a favorite character. THAT is an introduction.
I honestly think you might be a better writer for this show than what they have now. This finale episode may have ruined it for me for good. I really think the viewers (especially those of us that have watched since the beginning) deserved more than sitting through 1.5 hours of watching the group drive around in an RV and receiving nothing in the end except for yet another cheap, out of place "cliffhanger". I honestly don't look forward to the next season and I think that is a failure from the writers and producers of the show.

Also, the group actually seems to be de-volving instead of evolving. It's as if they have completely forgotten everything they have learned from their previous mistakes. And like some of you have already mentioned, Daryl seems to have lost his prowess in stealth and survival. The show is starting to just not make much sense anymore and seems like they are writing it more for young teenagers now.

Last edited:
This was done in typical Alfred Hitchcock style. Never show the real violence and let the imagination fill in the blanks. Our imagination is much worse than anything that could ever be put on film. I personally believe it was Abraham by the way he showed defiance to Negan, plus Abraham is the big man. Take out the big man to make a point, plus he should already be dead according to the story. Or one person no one talks about it is Aaron. He also gave Negan a defiant look. From what I know from the comics it was supposed to be Glen, but the way this show has deviated from the comics, who knows where it could go. I do doubt though it was Carl or any of the girls. Negan does not kill kids or women so I think they are safe. So final though it is is was the big man himself, Abraham. Loved that guy in Band of Brothers and hate to see him go, but this is WD and everyone dies sooner or later.

Abraham. Because when negan says he's taking it like a champ, the pov camera literally sits back up and "bows up" again like abraham did right before negan chose. Plus if it was any other character that wouldn't have happened, literally all of them were on the ground looking defeated except abraham and carl. I don't think it was carl so that leaves abraham. At first I wasn't sure but watching it and seeing how the pov camera "sits back up" after the first hit it has to mean the person was trying to bow up.

Yall make good points. For one, why would anybody walk or go anywhere without going full out militia style on every task. They obviously don't meet many good guys. Why drive on the roads? Yeah they're faster but also lead you into other people...who are usually bad guys. I think anybody, but especially those who've been through what ricks group has, would be on high alert at all times.

Another thing is, by now they would all be "hardened". Rick was hard, he tore out a guys throat for pete's sake. But now they've reverted back to being soft and wanting to stop killing in carols case. She taught a class on how to kill a few seasons ago. But now she's upset over it?? As soon as they hit Alexandria the whole group went soft, except for Ole One Eye, who has actually improved imo. After all of the tragedy they have encountered, I feel like anybody would have actually been very complacent in the circle in front of Negan. You would think they'd be used to it by now.
Side note, I realized that rick was a crap cop. When he gets shot in episode 1, he was totally ignoring a high risk situation. Then watching the way he clumsily puts himself into the same dangerous ssituations over and over and I laugh at the idea he was trained as an officer. That's talking about his training with thugs/threats, not necessarily zombies...

I do doubt though it was Carl or any of the girls. Negan does not kill kids or women so I think they are safe.

Really? The way this show screws with the characters and deviates from the comics? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Michonne one bit.

Back