The "Whatever" Thread

Great pics, that's the good stuff right there!

cool pics. thanks for sharing. and uhhh, the weather sure looks pretty good to me! ;) :D

Very cute pictures~!

She looks pretty proud of her first fish!

best

mqqn

My daughter had that same look on her face after catching her first fish. For some reason she named it Yogurt than threw it back in.
John

08351da3911f52e9215d9a76df302910.jpg

Put my modified knife to it's first "hard" use today. Whittled the end of the dowel rod several times as I filled about 8 carpenter bee tunnels on my shop porch. I was a little worried with it only being half tang but my pins and glue held fine.

I won't have to worry about that when I have my first JK in hand.

Man that osage orange (we call it hedge around here...) makes me shudder to think of cutting it up -

That is some hard wood - hell on a chainsaw - but likely a great choice for a knife handle, and it looks great.

best

mqqn

It is Osage. I have a good friend who is in to duck call making. I swapped some hand tied crappie jigs for two chunks of Osage. Had another buddy cut it down to slabs for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been busy and dealing with lots of BS. My FIL is in ICU in Cincinnati and well my wife is there dealing with that. I'm at home doing the dad thing.

If that wasn't bad enough my GSD mauser has been sick so I took him to the vet and he has bloat? Basically his stomach has flipped and he is dying. With out Emergency Surgery docs said he is 100 percent going to die. They wanted 4 thousand dollars for the emergency sugery which I can not afford. My vet said they will do it for 1600 but they aren't a 24 hour vet. Its 800-1200 for a over night stay somewhere. Which starts to put the surgery out of range. So we are doing the emergency surgery and we are going to roll the dice and he is coming home with me and I'll just have to watch him and if he starts looking bad then were off to the emergency vet.

Any prayers or good thoughts for my FIL and my dog would be greatly appreciated. I guess that old saying holds true again. When it rains it pours.

Last edited:
I appreciate it everyone. He is my buddy but for those expenses I would have just had to put him down. However he is my son and daughters protector. Their best buddy. Sleeps in my daughters bed every night. She was crying so hard she almost had a panic attack. I just couldn't look at her and tell her we didn't atleast try. So hopefully luck is on our side and he pulls through and does good tonight. My vet said they will watch him all day tomorrow for just the cost of his meds and fluids. He is still in surgery right now.

On a positive side the infectious disease doc in Cincinnati has found the proper dose of meds for my FIL and he is starting to be alot more alert and conscious. They ae attempting to take him off the breathing machine and feeding tube probably tomorrow.

Back