The "Whatever" Thread

First time in a kayak and his oar got stuck, he leaned and tugged himself right upside down. He was not a happy camper on the 12 mile bike ride home:mad:
ETA this is Herrick lake in Wheaton

IMG_1809.JPG You have me intrigued. I didn't know there was a lake that close. Is it free and worth paddling?

I usually paddle the Fox river but I'm always looking for something new to try.

I'm not sure what their policy is on bringing your own, but it's not a huge lake. I rented two kayaks for an hour and it was a total of ten bucks.

We're STILL waiting for the darned sun to set here...meanwhile, a future pyrotechnics expert (read potential pyromaniac) at work!

Hope everyone is having fun and at least pretending to try to be safe!5075.jpeg

I hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth. I got to camp for three nights with some friends then we picked up some fireworks and drinks and did some grilling and blowing stuff up last night.

Anybody have a JK in walnut? Got any pics? How do you like it as a knife handle? opinions, please. Contemplating my next order.
Mr. K, you have an email. :)

Anybody have a JK in walnut? Got any pics? How do you like it as a knife handle? opinions, please. Contemplating my next order.
Mr. K, you have an email. :)
JK Woodcraft in Walnut.
TTDVKDg.jpg

In the August Is Kephart Month thread, the straight back Kephart is walnut.
If you mean the one I posted I thought it was Oak.
(See below)

Hmm. Can't see it due to the new photobucket tomfoolery.
Good thing I still have some of my pics on my comp.
ALWQXmR.jpg

My stretched Worker arrived today. I hope I get home to play with it this weekend.
Here's hoping you get home for the weekend Mack.

Not the best picture, bit you can see how nice the walnut looks!
View attachment 729962
A nice traditional wood for a nice traditional knife.
Looks great Stru.

I'm way excited for my kephart. Every time I see the blade I just love the design. Really nice looking knife Sturu.

JK Woodcraft in Walnut.
TTDVKDg.jpg

(See below)

ALWQXmR.jpg

Here's hoping you get home for the weekend Mack.

A nice traditional wood for a nice traditional knife.
Looks great Stru.
Thanks, Mykel. I hope so but my truck is going through sensor stupidity right now so I'm not sure. I may need to hitch a ride this afternoon to get to my physical therapy appointment.

Thanks for the pics guys. That helps a lot. Trying real hard to go with something other than osage on this one.
I do love some osage, though...

JK Woodcraft in Walnut.
TTDVKDg.jpg

(See below)

ALWQXmR.jpg
That Woodcraft is a nice looking pattern.

Is that bottom one a straightback Kephart?

Yes, it's the old style without the extended "guard." One of those was featured in an older issue of S.W.A.T. magazine.

We actually ended up going up to (just outside) columbus, Ohio to meet my wife's "long lost brother" who found her on facebook....yeah, apparently that's a thing that actually happens!

We also caught some fireworks from three different counties from the end of our driveway when we got home, which was nice :D

Back