The "Whatever" Thread

what size dog?
if it's big enough but not too big, you could buy a couple pieces of hog panel or cattle panel, cut them to size and make folding fence sections out of them.

He's a German Wirehair. Big for the breed, about 90 pounds and very athletic. This isnt something to let him out unsupervised. Just something so I can open the door and let him do his business without having to walk out myself.

good dogs -- so yeah, 2 cattle panels cut into 5' sections could be made into a folding fence pretty easily.
snip the vertical off each end and bend a loop into 3 or 4 of the pieces sticking out and you can use a section of conduit as a hinge, or only snip one end off and wrap the free parts around the net panel piece as a semi-permanent hinge.
if you snip the bottom rail off a couple of the sections, you can stake it into the ground for more stability.

So this next summer I think Ill have the chance to travel and spend some time in a few different states. Just me and my dog! Right now I'm looking at some travel trailers in the 20+ foot range.

Which brings me to my question! What do you think would be a good option for a strong, portable dog fence? I was thinking chicken wire with some metal pipes that I could put into the ground wherever I happen to be parked for a longer period of time. Maybe buy a pre-made gate I could integrate into the chicken wire. I know they make pre-made dog corral type things, but they really dont seem big enough. Any ideas would be welcome!

https://www.petsafe.net/fencing/wireless-fences

RR2paH8.jpg

A nice, relaxing Sunday before my schedule gets busy.

I’m hoping everyone is just busy with their families for the last of summer break. Two days without any posts except mine is not a good thing, need some activity here to keep the forum alive.

My wife and daughter are out of town until Thursday, so I've been working until 9-930pm the past couple nights trying to catch up on some work around the house. Damn near falling asleep at work today because I'm so exhausted.

My son just turned one last week and doing good but last night I was up all night with him cutting teeth. Really tired at work today too.
I wish I could say that I remember when my daughter was one, but she is almost 35 now, my memory is not that good anymore.

We've been spending some time at the city pool recently, at least the evenings it didn't storm. My 4 year old finally completed his first swimming class. Watching him grin as he steps onto the diving board is priceless. Watching a couple of the lifeguards walk around isn't too bad either, unless my wife notices me watching.
Over the weekend we went to the West Virginia State Fair and everyone had a blast. Thomas made sure he got my money's worth on his ride all day pass. The animal exhibits were fun with the 50 lb plus turkey being the one I was most impressed by. The food was a great treat as always although my digestive system didn't like it as much as my mouth did.
I have a birthday coming on much too soon. My wife didn't bother asking what I wanted to do only where I wanted to camp (she knows me too well) I'm looking forward to a weekend of too much food, cold beer, and a few drinks of good bourbon with my friends and family.

Out of the shop today. Woke up to a flat tire on the Jeep, screw in the tread. I need to change it then see if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. Connie will take my car to work. Always something.

Yes. Maggie had a fender-bender in a parking lot - was not hurt at all, but it scared her. The car will have to be repaired. My truck is at the muffler shop as I have a slow-leak around the valve stem, a broken emergency brake line, and needs new sway bar end links.
My Superglide won't start - think it is a clogged fuel filter/fitting or lack of fuel pressure.
Work is getting very hectic, and the big Peoria Motorcycle Club TT Grand National Race is this Saturday, which I will work Friday, Saturday and cleanup up Sunday.

Other than that - nothing going on at all.
best
mqqn

Back