The "Whatever" Thread

We got together with a few friends the other night for a bonfire, food, and drinks. I didn't have a good fall cocktail recipe but a Google search led me to one that everyone liked. It's a bit on the sweet side as it is but the individual ingredients can be adjusted to tastes.
1 oz maple syrup
2 oz fresh apple cider
2 oz bourbon
Shake together then serve over ice with a cinnamon stick garnish.
I like bourbon so I thought it tasted better with 3 oz.

Finally got the insurance check, so my car goes in next Monday for repairs. I hate dealing with fricking insurance companies.
When my truck got broken into my insurance rep that came out admitted he had no clue what he was doing amd was o speaker phone with his boss getting a class on what to do. I fired up the grill and had a few beers while they figured things out.

I agree that most insurance companies are a real pain in the a$$ to deal with. When our home flooded a couple years ago the adjuster was very helpful. He was upfront about what we should expect and gave guidance when he thought necessary. He was at our home promptly and was instrumental in our getting a check quickly. His work was a huge part of our returning to a normal life in a timely fashion. My wife's mother's home was involved to a lesser extent by the same flood. It took her 6 months longer to get things sorted out on top of countless phone calls to the insurance company and contractor who cleaned her basement. I'm glad you got it taken care of in a reasonable time. Hope you have no issues with the shop repairing your car.

We had planned to visit a pumpkin patch this weekend but it's looking like the weather isn't going to cooperate. Guess I'll try to get caught up on a couple home projects unless I can slip into the basement unnoticed where the stock on an old 12 ga. single barrel is awaiting my attention.
Anyone doing anything special for the weekend or Halloween?

The rain held off Saturday enough to take my son to the Main St. Merchants Halloween. It worked out pretty well overall. He got to wear his costume, got plenty of candy, and we were back home watching football in no time.

Soooo, I started the claim process for my hearing loss with the VA in July of last year and finally got approved. 10% disability, the lowest level of disability, but the extra 100+ smackers a month will come in handy.
Got fitted for hearing aids last week and will pick them up next month.
Used the minor retro check to buy a Walther P22Q.
Nice little plinker once I found what ammo it likes.(Winchester and Remington)
If it doesn't like the ammo I feed it, it has hissy fits.:mad:

WHAT?o_O

Glad you got something but it's a damn shame our country doesn't do more for veterans.

The Walther is a fun little pistol. Mine likes the Federal HPs.

Connie has the S&W M&P .22 Compact. Whenever we go to the range it always comes along, fun little gun. I think I shoot it more than her, she always shoots the Kimber Micro 9.

Gotta keep those medical records up to date. Mine is as thick as a phone book from all the deployments and injuries. I got the burn pits documented before they were a issue.

Back