The "Whatever" Thread

Hori Hori arrived today. Ready for some serious weeding duty.

uecr5kl.jpg

Jeff

that's an interesting take on the pattern -- is it still slightly concave on the other side?

There are days when I really hate being a manager in a company that has allowed bad behavior from people just because we need more people.

On the bright side, getting the dickheads taken care of finally will make the days so much sweeter in the long-run. I've got no patience for people being disrespectful at work on a consistent basis.

At least training some of the people to be better leaders is very rewarding and starting bonfires with my JK and Good Knife Co knives is a great stress reliever.

Last edited:
Last night my 6 year old son asked me if I wanted to see something he learned. He clamped a couple Legos to a piece of ribbon tied to a balloon and grinned as the balloon floated to the ceiling. I was impressed with him having such an idea on his own. He then told me he thought a balloon could lift a half pound. Wanting to be supportive of his inquisitive mind I agreed with him. When he asked how much I thought Bleu(his cat) weighed I wasn't sure what to think:eek:

Last night my 6 year old son asked me if I wanted to see something he learned. He clamped a couple Legos to a piece of ribbon tied to a balloon and grinned as the balloon floated to the ceiling. I was impressed with him having such an idea on his own. He then told me he thought a balloon could lift a half pound. Wanting to be supportive of his inquisitive mind I agreed with him. When he asked how much I thought Bleu(his cat) weighed I wasn't sure what to think:eek:
Cool, a flying cat!

What do you mean, a laden cat or an unladen cat?

best

mqqn

I wasn't using any of my JK's in the kitchen today, surprisingly, but I was really enjoying using some knives I bought as test pieces for some current and potential future designs.

There's something really enjoyable about using hunting knives in the kitchen, though the BK5 is pretty close to a kitchen knife, or a French Trade knife for those wondering what knife it was serving as a test piece for. The other was a buck equivalent to the Marbles Woodcraft I picked up as a test piece for the bushcamp (which USPS seems to be taking their time on delivering to Anthony).

If I learned anything this morning, it's that the bushcamp could be turned into a bushkitchen knife with another 1/2" of blade length, thinner steel (3/32") and a full-height convex, because John's convex is a pleasure to use in the kitchen.

spending my week of vacation tearing off the old deck surface and replacing it -- plus building new railings.
hoping to finish up the back deck today if the weather cooperates and then I can start working on the front deck.

anyone need about 1k bf of 13 year old treated lumber?

Back