The "Whatever" Thread

it's drizzling rain here today, looks like it's going to last as well, but it hasn't been as cold the last few days so it's all good, kinda like the rain anyway

it's drizzling rain here today, looks like it's going to last as well, but it hasn't been as cold the last few days so it's all good, kinda like the rain anyway

Raining here too, I enjoy hearing it on the roof when I`m in the shop, or upstairs in my "office." Going to turn cold tomorrow.

Raining pretty good here today. Going to be spending tomorrow at my dad's, building some railings and other stuff to help him hobble around the house. I'm also going to install a shroud on my parent's snowblower. It's one of those Toro ones that are easy to maneuver, so my mom can do it if I can't get over with the plow. I really feel helpless, but I'm doing whatever I can to help my parents out. I'll be going over early on Thanksgiving to help mom out with the cooking, so she doesn't have to do everything herself...

Nothing quite like hot steel on a cold morning! :D BTW- the single edge boot knife is going to be awesome. :eek: It would have been a great day to be in the woods around a fire.

I think the Christmas Parade is tonight on Main Street! My neighbor is always Santa, he will also be Santa at Hanna`s Benefit.

I've mostly just been working lately. Here are a few pictures of some gear I recently shipped. I'm ready for the holidays and some time off with family.

Black shark
i70ea1.jpg

1911 field holster.
n8bns.jpg

Nicotine elephant.
282jrc4.jpg

Last edited:
nice stuff as always, I like the "smokiness" of that elephant though :)

I'm ready for some time off but always find myself wanting more work at the same time near Christmas and thanksgiving. Still three more weeks of work or so to go, looking forward to rolling up the pavement and taking shelter inside together with old movies and board games. )FYI Sam's been very interested in chess recently, I'm not explaining it to him because he gets board when you do that but he likes to lay all the same :))

anyway, best share some pictures to :)

on going design process

roberson

cat/kitten

more from the sam swayback

Heat treating 2 pocket blades for KYenglish, a DBH for daniel4572, a JK PS Knife for machine26, a Knatchet, and a 1/16" thick B&T, and the new C/U-3.5, hopefully will be able to sell the last two.

Heat treating is done, going to go to the gunshop to see about putting my guns there on consignment. :(

Several of my friends lost their homes in the tornado.

I know Marc Wells - the fellow who videod the tornado coming at him and then took his daughter to the basement. If you ever wondered what it would sound like to be in your basement while your house is twisted up off it's foundation and then destroyed, here it is.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/22/watch-stunning-tornado-videos-from-washington-il/

The video of the shell station is from Diamond Illinois, southeast of my home. The storm came across, but missed our community by a few miles.

Never underestimate the power of nature.

best

mqqn

I know Marc Wells - the fellow who videod the tornado coming at him and then took his daughter to the basement. If you ever wondered what it would sound like to be in your basement while your house is twisted up off it's foundation and then destroyed, here it is.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/22/watch-stunning-tornado-videos-from-washington-il/

The video of the shell station is from Diamond Illinois, southeast of my home. The storm came across, but missed our community by a few miles.

best

mqqn
Mother Nature is a bitch,but I love her anyway.

Glad it missed you guys Andy & smoke's up for those effected.

Andy one came smashing by my house here in Indiana also. Man it was wild. glad it decided to head north of us but was scary as can be. other than that Life is cool. well except my book cases were stained today. pregnant wife was out of the house all day. fine and dandy. she comes home we go to dinner. get back and the smell is to much. so she, the little one, 2 dogs are boarded up in the master bedroom staying warm. I'm stuck in the rest of the house. all windows wide open, wind bellowing through. It dropped from 72 in here to 54 degree's in less than 30 minutes. The wood burner is working double time trying to keep this place at that. to say I'm not happy might just be a understatement and freezing lol

best

mqqn

Brutal! I`ve been through one tornado, when I was young. Scariest thing I ever want to experience. I thought Diamond is by Wilmington, Connie`s boss lives there and video taped the storm.

Brutal! I`ve been through one tornado, when I was young. Scariest thing I ever want to experience. I thought Diamond is by Wilmington, Connie`s boss lives there and video taped the storm.

You are right about Diamond - I was reading the map wrong, thought it was down here by Chautauqua, but it is up by Wilmington as you point out -

best

mqqn

glad you're okay andy, I saw that video on the news, sounded liek a buzzsaw, I'm glad they came through safe at least.

Myke: nope, not yet :)

I was just in photo bucket & this was on the front page & I had to share it here cuz it reminded me of SB's hummers last spring.

Happy holidays ya'll. :)

John, if your selling off some guns, I highly recommend you do it yourself using Gunbroker auction site, you will get top dollar, and sell them fast. If you need help with it, I'll be happy to assist. I have sold many guns this way and am very happy with results.

Back