The wonderful Kabar Dozier Folder

I have been going to the Blade Show in Atlanta for about 10 years. Sadly I will miss this year. I always stop at the Kabar booth and buy a few of the Dozier Folders. I find these to be perfect gift knives for young boy scouts or hunters after their first hunt. I used to like Swiss Army Knives for this but realized that if you don't have finger nails they are kind of hard to open. These Doziers are great. One of these is on my shelf for my nephew this summer and the other is a spare. I hope they never stop making them.

f14K8qM.jpg

Recently picked up the small one due to all the positive reviews here, and for the price, it certainly is an excellent little folder. The small is around the same price as an Opinel #6...but much more pocket friendly and stainless...quite happy with it so far.

The Kabar Doziers are a great bargain. I picked up one apiece for my 2 boys when they were 11 an 9. The amount of abuse they put on them was crazy, but these knives just kept coming back for more. Strong, lightweight, inexpensive and well made! After seeing what my kids put them through, I actually bought 2 for me! One for work and one for a backup hunter.

The Kabar Doziers are a great bargain. I picked up one apiece for my 2 boys when they were 11 an 9. The amount of abuse they put on them was crazy, but these knives just kept coming back for more. Strong, lightweight, inexpensive and well made! After seeing what my kids put them through, I actually bought 2 for me! One for work and one for a backup hunter.

They really are hard to beat.

I absolutely love my Dozier (and my son loves his.) These are great competition for the OKC Rat 1/Rat 2 (and the ESEE folders as well) in the $20-$25 price range. It's priced similarly, with FRN, AUS8, and made in Taiwan. The specs make it a perfect comparison. But I'm wondering why there isn't a higher end option like OKC and ESEE offer?

A $45 Dozier in D2 with G10 scales would be a rock solid awesome a knife and would compete with the other brands at the next price point up.

@OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

I absolutely love my Dozier (and my son loves his.) These are great competition for the OKC Rat 1/Rat 2 (and the ESEE folders as well) in the $20-$25 price range. It's priced similarly, with FRN, AUS8, and made in Taiwan. The specs make it a perfect comparison. But I'm wondering why there isn't a higher end option like OKC and ESEE offer?

A $45 Dozier in D2 with G10 scales would be a rock solid awesome a knife and would compete with the other brands at the next price point up.

@OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

I think could cost like around $35 (D2 + g10) and like you said could be a killer.

I'd love to see a Kabar Dozier in D2. They should do a tribute or anniversary or just a plain old Hurray Bob Dozier model with D2 steel. I freaking love these knives. My Dozier in Coyote brown has saved me loads of money in the long run. Even when I do buy a more expensive knife, it ends up getting compared to the $20 Dozier and 9 times out of 10 the high priced folder gets passed along. Simplicity at it's finest.

I remember this thread from last year. I have 2 KA-BAR Dozier Folding Hunters and a 3rd one on order. I also gave 1 to each of my kids. I love the design and would be interested in a larger version or an upscale version with S35vn and G10, depending on price. D2 probably makes more sense since KA-BAR already uses it and Mr. Dozier is known for his use of D2 for his custom knives.

I broke the tip off my Dozier hunter and I still use it all the time. It's that great.

On the D2 tip, I feel like I have the closest version which is an SFO D2 Phat Bob...

Holy Cow my prayers have been answered....

https://www.kabar.com/products/product.jsp?item=4062D2

I'd love to see a Kabar Dozier in D2. They should do a tribute or anniversary or just a plain old Hurray Bob Dozier model with D2 steel. I freaking love these knives. My Dozier in Coyote brown has saved me loads of money in the long run. Even when I do buy a more expensive knife, it ends up getting compared to the $20 Dozier and 9 times out of 10 the high priced folder gets passed along. Simplicity at it's finest.

There were a couple posts about it in the new things thread when it was announced.

I got the D2 folder last night, here it is in the pocket. Honestly, I can't tell the difference in cutting from the Aus 8.

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 23
So, after requesting the D2 Extreme Straight Edge and the Dozier D2 Folding Hunter, would I be out of line requesting a Short KA-BAR in D2? Coincidentally, I submitted a product suggestion on the Victorinox web site for a Farmer + scissors and call it FarmerX. About a year later, boom there it is.

Last edited:
I want one with an opening hole in D2. I wonder if there is any plans for that model?

Will the new D2 blade/lock transfer over to an older Aus8 Dozier handle? I'm assuming it will, but I'd like to know... because if I get one I'll want to put the blade in my black handle.

Back