The Wonderous Wharncliffe

How about an ancient cleaver....

$T2eC16V,!ysE9sy0iOo!BQBKI+0sTQ~~60_57.JPG

n2s

Charles

Being a huge Dowell fan, a wharncliffe fan and a fossil ivory fan, that knife is superb. Congratulations.

Jokingly, I would give my left xxxx, first born, eye teeth and a month's pay to own that knife. Seriously,
Bret and I are just discussing me next knife. Thanks for the ideas.

Here is my first Dowell, purchased at the big Tulsa show. I was very impressed with the workmanship and the style (his city knife). I've posted this one before, it is still one of my favorites.

View attachment 296472

Another swayback with mammoth ivory. This one's mine though.

bretdowellswayback3.jpg

- Christian

Hello, new on this great forum. This is my wharncliffe in daily use.
Best, Tore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, new on this great forum.

Howdy,
If you would be so kind, please link to a photo-hosting service such as photobucket, instead of another knife discussion web site.

Thanks,
Frank R

Finally got a chance to put something else in this thread

4 Line Camillus Wharncliffe Split-spring Whittler

8086440576_3314bc19ef_b.jpg

One of my favourites in my wreck collection, a tiny little Rodgers in ivory. Shown next to a GEC executive whittler and a Case mini copperhead.

Regards

Robin
8086958046_0a34b6d824.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Here is a Wharncliffe bladed knife I bought recently. I did not take the picture, but I do own the knife.

DOWELL swayback from Plaza.jpg

I have my first ever traditional on the way with a wharncliffe blade, on the secondary blade! Funny enough I have two high tech folders with this blade in them or in the case of one of them blades. I'm really looking for ward to a 1095 wharny!
001-35.jpg

I think I'm going to like this one just fine and now I understand the attraction to ebony!

Last edited:
I have some. Not sure I have posted them in this thread. I don't have any customs at this point and no GEC wharncliffes at this time.

StagRancherMiniTrapper003.jpg

100_2019A.jpg

MiniCopperhead-DeepCanyonBone.jpg

121128.jpg

Ed J

3826E595-7A61-42F4-9E01-EE9531227572-4000-0000050632A4F3B3_zps35aa50bb.jpg

The Tiny Trapper was first then in the post where I was tryi g to Find out more a out it TLARbb posted his mini and I knew I had to have one. Just got the blue Sway Back Gent. If anyone asks I'm saying that was his fault too cause it would be messed up to blame myself... Thanks T

I am fairly new here, but am a big Wharncliffe fan. This is a Case I purchased in the mid '90's from the Parker catalog. It is 3 5/8 long. I also want to let brother & sister Forum members what a great place to hang out this place is. I have seen so many beautiful knives I never knew existed. What a treat.

Attachments

• 94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP.jpg
    94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP_2.jpg
    94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP_2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP_3.jpg
    94_Case_Serpentine_Whittler_MOP_3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 13
I've very much enjoyed this thread! Great pix, gang! :thumbup:

Here's my humble contribution:

wharnie01.jpg

GEC Tidioute #25 Strawberry Jack, GEC Northfield #61 Green Briar Congress, Case Sway Back Gent 'Greek Key' in Mediterranean blue bone

-Brett

Back