The Wonderous Wharncliffe

Won´der`ous: A feeling that is like little butterflies and it sends a tingle through your whole body, which makes you smile, feel light headed...

That's the feeling I got when I saw my first Wharncliffe here on the pages of our wonderful sub-forum. And now I have one in my pocket.

Its time to show off all the many variations of Wharncliffes out there.

Robeson c. 1922-1939

7337839940_393d00bc87_b.jpg

I really like the wharncliffe blade shape. It´s pretty useful for many tasks and the look is imo better than on many other bladeshapes.

Unfortunatelly I´ve just only one - here it is!

Case Swayback Gent

IMG_1137.jpg

(I think I need one in carbon steel ;) )

Kind regards
Andi

I prefer the fully rounded top line, like on this swayback jack.
KaneCutleryFull.jpg

This style of Wharncliffe (that's what GEC calls it) is more of a sheepfoot with a slightly softened spine radius.
StagFTpile.jpg

Here is a large custom in ladder damascus, almost 5 inches closed.
wharnecliff.jpg

I have the Case Swayback Jack in CV and chestnut bone,love the heck out of it!:thumbup:

The Wharncliffe is one of my absolute favorite blade styles ...

57_Stag_01.jpg57_Buffalo_09_01a.jpg57_PrimBone_04_01.jpg

~ Edge

One of my favorites is not a traditional (Kershaw Leek), and I have recently sold/traded all but one of my wharncliffe bladed knives (a situation that needs to be rectified).

So, here is my lone traditional representative, a navy blue bone Case mini copperhead.

Last edited:
ill add a few shots of mine

Case SBJ CV in Chestnut Bone
2012-02-28_08-45-50_156.jpg

I for some reason love this side of my sbj, I think its the ascetics of the bone/liners/steel.
2012-02-28_08-45-32_823.jpg

ok the real pic
2012-02-29_12-24-50_732.jpg

I hate to admit it, but I have never owned a wharncliffe style blade. I'm going to work on rectifying that! Looks like they're extremely versatile and easy to sharpen. Those T.A. Davison's are beautiful.

I'll probably try a nice Case (trapper style) first, though!

One of my favorites is not a traditional (Kershaw Leek), and I have recently sold/traded all but one of my wharncliffe bladed knives (a situation that needs to be rectified).

So, here is my lone traditional representative, a navy blue bone Case mini copperhead.

minicopperhead2.jpg

Carried the very same knife to work today. It's one of my favorites for work as it is very pocket friendly and not very likely to scare anyone :thumbup:

Wharncliffe's have become one of my favorites. When I bought my Spyderco Kiwi early last year I didn't know that was the blade shape. Then came a Leek, and then a bunch of traditionals including a few GEC, and Case with at least a secondary wharncliffe. I've been lusting after the AG Russell Pinched Peanut with its secondary wharncliffe, if only I could afford it!

Rick, with that one you don't need any others . . . the ne plus ultra!

Thanks, Jeff. And you're right. It is one heck of a fine knife. I used to have another one just like it but I sold it. Went a few months without it and missed it real bad so I bought this one to replace it. I'm gonna try not to let this one get away.

Back