The Wood Inlay Sebenza Gallery

Spalted Beech...

9BRhkJb.jpg

Six flavors of Spalted Beech:

I1QBBHM.jpg

Great Spalted Beech samples! Also great snag on the bottom small sebenza! I was waiting for my credit card billing cycle to roll over and then was going to buy it. A couple days before I went to look at it and it was gone :( ....Congrats!

Great Spalted Beech samples! Also great snag on the bottom small sebenza! I was waiting for my credit card billing cycle to roll over and then was going to buy it. A couple days before I went to look at it and it was gone :( ....Congrats!

Thanks, Alliuse, much appreciated -- and, sorry about that! :eek: I'm afraid you have my birthday to blame. I had been looking at that particular small Sebenza for a while -- very cool and unique looking -- and I finally decided to give myself a present. ;)

The thing I love about Spalted Beech is that it has so many distinctive personalities -- you can line 'em all up, and they can all look different. Hard to tell sometimes that it's even the same wood from one to the other.

That large Raindrop..... Ooooh....

I love the inlays on that one. What I also really like is that the Damascus blade complements the inlays so well -- it's almost like the swirls and knots in the wood continue out onto the blade itself.

Only inlays I have with insingo blades are micartas and a carbon fiber. Wood would be good :thumbsup:

Back