There can only be two

blackend

Gold Member
For us CRK collectors and users I know it would be a next to impossible decision, but if you only could have two Reeve knives, what would they be? I might have to go with these...
IMG_0357_zpsfe4aad10.jpg

I'd say my small plain classic and my large plain insingo. I don't need fancy.

The only two I have, an old pivot old gimping umnumzaan and a sebenza 25 micarta. All I will ever need.

If I had to pick two of my CRK models to keep and sacrifice the rest I would hold on to my lg seb 21 tanto and my lg 21 cf.

If I could only have two CR knives, would have to go with a large micarta Sebenza 21, and a 7" GB. Pretty sure I could accomplish any tasks that I'd need a knife for with those two.

I just finished narrowing down to two. It broke my heart, but I'm left with a well used Umnumzaan and a Damascus bocote Mnandi.

My bases still feel pretty covered.

My first crk, small plane jane reg ( it keeps finding its way in my pocket).
Small 21 with an inlay of some sort. ( I like all the inlays so it would be hard to choose)

Large Micarta Ladder Damascus 21
Small Micarta Insingo

Both double lug and with special birthdays.

Only two - that's easy, because I don't have to make a choice....my large 21 micarta insingo + large 21 snakewood. That could, theoretically, change if/when I acquire a snakewood Mnandi.

After thinking about it, I would have to go with my Micarta 25 and my small regular.
I'm just glad these type of questions are for fun, I don't really know if I could ever own only two.

This is a tough 1. I'd say my large user Moon Song and my almost new looking (not anymore tho) large 21 with newer raindrop damascus.

Large 21 PJ and the old pivot/jimping Tanto Umnumzaan.
Maybe a small Insingo or the Spiro 21. I'm hunting today so maybe the Nyala, I can't decide.
Even for fun this is cruel, if I'm able to narrow it down to just two that I can live with ( like that's even possible ) then I'd defeat all future arguments about why I need another knife; even worse than that is that then I'd have no reason to keep the other dozen.
Why have you done this to me😯

Seriously though, the last one you thought I'd pick, the Large PJ 21 and a coin flip for the leftover.
I know that you've heard me say that I'm not a fan of the blade profile but after carrying it for so long I've really come to like it.

If you decide on two just drop your others knives at my house, you know the way. I'll even put some beers in the fridge for ya.

Back