1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

There can only be two

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by blackend, Sep 18, 2015.

1. blackend

blackend

Dec 21, 2002
    For us CRK collectors and users I know it would be a next to impossible decision, but if you only could have two Reeve knives, what would they be? I might have to go with these...
    [​IMG]

2. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Some kind of mammoth bark inlay (the grainy one), satin blade, small and large.

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I'd say my small plain classic and my large plain insingo. I don't need fancy.

4. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Small annual and a plain small 21 for me

5. James Longstreet

James Longstreet

May 1, 2014
    Excellent choice !

6. johnnytoxin

johnnytoxin

May 24, 2010
    The only two I have, an old pivot old gimping umnumzaan and a sebenza 25 micarta. All I will ever need.

7. tuckerone1

tuckerone1

Jun 15, 2014
    If I had to pick two of my CRK models to keep and sacrifice the rest I would hold on to my lg seb 21 tanto and my lg 21 cf.

8. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze

Mar 8, 2010
    If I could only have two CR knives, would have to go with a large micarta Sebenza 21, and a 7" GB. Pretty sure I could accomplish any tasks that I'd need a knife for with those two.

9. nesplin

nesplin

Jun 30, 2015
    I just finished narrowing down to two. It broke my heart, but I'm left with a well used Umnumzaan and a Damascus bocote Mnandi.

My bases still feel pretty covered.

10. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    My first crk, small plane jane reg ( it keeps finding its way in my pocket).
    Small 21 with an inlay of some sort. ( I like all the inlays so it would be hard to choose)

11. Corytr

Corytr

Sep 10, 2013
    Large Micarta Ladder Damascus 21
    Small Micarta Insingo

Both double lug and with special birthdays.

12. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Only two - that's easy, because I don't have to make a choice....my large 21 micarta insingo + large 21 snakewood. That could, theoretically, change if/when I acquire a snakewood Mnandi.

13. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    After thinking about it, I would have to go with my Micarta 25 and my small regular.
    I'm just glad these type of questions are for fun, I don't really know if I could ever own only two.

14. DPC

DPC

Dec 28, 2013
    Easily Pacific and Professional Soldier

[​IMG]

15. Trident777

Trident777

Jul 11, 2011
    25 micarta and 21 micarta.

16. rodblder

rodblder

Apr 21, 2004
    My 2 ivory damascus mnandis both which have the gold/diamond inlays...........

17. blackend

blackend

Dec 21, 2002
    I know it's tuff. I'm now looking at these two...
    [​IMG]

18. clockman

clockman

Jan 14, 2009
    This is a tough 1. I'd say my large user Moon Song and my almost new looking (not anymore tho) large 21 with newer raindrop damascus.

19. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Those two,small diamond 21 and Zaan.

20. 1AbominAble1

1AbominAble1

Jul 26, 2010
    Large 21 PJ and the old pivot/jimping Tanto Umnumzaan.
    Maybe a small Insingo or the Spiro 21. I'm hunting today so maybe the Nyala, I can't decide.
    Even for fun this is cruel, if I'm able to narrow it down to just two that I can live with ( like that's even possible ) then I'd defeat all future arguments about why I need another knife; even worse than that is that then I'd have no reason to keep the other dozen.
    Why have you done this to me😯

Seriously though, the last one you thought I'd pick, the Large PJ 21 and a coin flip for the leftover.
    I know that you've heard me say that I'm not a fan of the blade profile but after carrying it for so long I've really come to like it.

If you decide on two just drop your others knives at my house, you know the way. I'll even put some beers in the fridge for ya.