there is a green flipping frenzy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like 7 of those posted for sale in the last 24 hours, 6 in about 9 hours today, all for incredibly high prices. Did anybody buy one to actually keep or collect or use? That explains why they sell out fast and ordinary people have such a hard time getting in on the pre-order. This is about the same as when concert tickets or football tickets go on sale- the scalpers buy all of them and the ordinary guys are stuck paying inflated prices or staying home.

Something like 7 of those posted for sale in the last 24 hours, 6 in about 9 hours today, all for incredibly high prices. Did anybody buy one to actually keep or collect or use? That explains why they sell out fast and ordinary people have such a hard time getting in on the pre-order. This is about the same as when concert tickets or football tickets go on sale- the scalpers buy all of them and the ordinary guys are stuck paying inflated prices or staying home.

That's the sad truth about these sprints. Don't worry though, someone will come along and comfort you with the excuse of "capitalism". :p

Yah I was hoping for one too lol. I understand it's a free market, which I am totally fine with. I just won't pay that much.

i bought one of the first ones to come out on the secondary market and am glad i jumped on it as now i see the asking prices just keep going through the roof.my purchase was due to sellers bad misfortune.

Ordinary People? I'm an ordinary person and I bought one on the pre order with no problems. However 15 months later my other PM2 has been replaced by an SNG and I don't really want the green one anymore. My PM2 is supposed to arrive tomorrow, it will go on the exchange shortly after. Funny thing is I was super excited about it for like a year...

I wasn't referencing ordinary people haha. So am I. I missed the preorders so I am at the mercy of the secondary market :D.

Only you can determine what it's worth to own a given knife. If you get caught up in the excitement and just can't live without one then you'll just have to pay the price.

I was super excited about this knife when I ordered it 15 months ago. Since then, my tastes have changed. After many knives, I've pretty much settled on CRK. I decided to sell the knife to help me fund my recent CRK purchase.

Ironically, I've stopped caring about "super steels" and so on. I've gone from owning one knife, to about 12, back down to two or so. I'm finding I'm just not a collector. If I don't use it, it goes away.

I'm sure people bought them with the intent to keep them but have changed their minds since they pre-ordered.
Can't blame them! But at least that gives other people the chance to get what they want. Regardless of cost!

It sure didn't take long for one to flip for 3 bills. I'll tell you one thing, I amplanning on keeping mine.

That's the sad truth about these sprints. Don't worry though, someone will come along and comfort you with the excuse of "capitalism". :p

For the Win.

Where's the guys mocking with the "whaa whaa whaa stop crying about people taking advantage to make a quick buck". Knife just dropped and they're going for $300. Bought it strictly to flip. Oh well.

I'm sure people bought them with the intent to keep them but have changed their minds since they pre-ordered

They didn't have to take it. They could have told the retailer to sell the knife to one of the poor beggars on the waiting list.

They didn't have to take it. They could have told the retailer to sell the knife to one of the poor beggars on the waiting list.

No, it's better for them to flip for $300 instead of calling Ashley to cancel.

I missed pre-order as they started up before I got into Spyderco but then I was lucky enough (if you can call keeping a Howes window open 24/7 for the past 2 weeks reloading it occasionally waiting to see those glorious words "Out of Stock" disappear from the page lucky haha) to snag one of the collectors from Howes and while the part of me that has to pay rent really wants to flip it, but the knificiando in me really wants to try out this CTS 204P so I'm gonna keep it and use it! Plus with what I was doing to catch one for a cheapish price I don't want to see it gone.

So here's one knife collector who will be using this knife for all its worth! It's the least I could do as a thanks to Sal

And some of us did not enter the show with the intent to flip. However, when I ordered it a year and a half ago, I was in a much better position financially. Now, with my wife's medical bills mounting, a different reality has entered my life. The decision was pretty much cemented today when I received another bill in the mail to the tune of $3700.

And some of us did not enter the show with the intent to flip. However, when I ordered it a year and a half ago, I was in a much better position financially. Now, with my wife's medical bills mounting, a different reality has entered my life. The decision was pretty much cemented today when I received another bill in the mail to the tune of $3700.

Sorry to hear that but it's just luck that they're going for $300 these days. One guy I know, snapped up one CC from H***'s just to sell it at cost to a friend of mine. Awesome guy!

I have no problem of scalping, flipping whatever. I mean it sucks for someone that wants it. But then again, by technicality, if they are selling for that much. That is their worth.

Was this a Sprint or dealer exclusive? Haven't they done a couple 600 knife batches on these sprint Paras or was it just the Blue Bento dealer exclusive that did two batches?

I'm hoping that Spyderco spreads some of that Native S110V love to a Para or Military sprint run this year. Even a pre-order this year with a delivery in a Year and a half.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back