They don't make them like they used to...

I like the look of the original pocket clip, but as I recall it was a real pocket ripper. Also it seemed to snag on stuff and get bent a lot, requiring replacement. I actually still have a NIB one that I never got around to installing.

I know we all have our likes, dislikes, and that's what makes the forum interesting..I love older CRK's "P"s, Regulars, classics, and 21's as well as the "ball lock" models. I bought a 31 to try because of all the hype against , just to see. Even though there are other models I prefer, I find the 31 as well made, and every bit the equal of any of my CRK's. I love the look of the old clip, but personally find the newer style works better for me.... So no they don't make them like they used to, but they make them with just as much quality. Equally important is I find their customer service attitude very professional... even though they say no to a lot of the things I ask for, they are nice about it.
As an aside, other than the appearance of the "Idaho Made " stamp, how did that change the knives?

I like the look of the original pocket clip, but as I recall it was a real pocket ripper. Also it seemed to snag on stuff and get bent a lot, requiring replacement. I actually still have a NIB one that I never got around to installing.
What size is the clip and any interest in selling?

I like the old, flat clips.

wb5eho.jpg

Ufss9k.jpg

BCN6rt.jpg

hjQ4p5.jpg

Equally important is I find their customer service attitude very professional... even though they say no to a lot of the things I ask for, they are nice about it.
I got a kick out of that. I’ve been told no several times as well. My last request/question/demand that was told no was to make an Inkosi/Damascus. Very politely was told no :D

The regular blade profile is excellent. And I much prefer the previous thumbstud with the flat back opposed to the dimpled/indented back.

I would pay whatever necessary to get a large PJ Damascus Insingo. :/

Beautiful knives in this thread BTW!

Back