This must be where the DEKs hang out, eh?

Pàdruig

Reap What You Sow
Platinum Member
If you know, you know.... 😁

Anyway, I am not sure if there is a thread for all the DEKs to congregate so rather than spread thoughts around many other threads, I'll just start one for all three DEKs.

I was away on a long camping trip and came home yesterday to a couple of shiny new knives - a DEK2 and a DEK3. Interestingly, despite all three of the DEKs having the same handle, they all feel dramatically different in hand. Such a cool freaking design concept to have multiple similar knives but have them all still be significantly different.

The DEK2 is a beefcake, a big boy with attitude. That extra thickness in the steel makes the handle feel excellent! I took a gamble on having the swedge added but I regret it not, it makes that tanto-like blade (a style that I am not usually a fan of) very visually appealing. Aesthetic aside, I feel like I could pry open a bunker with this thing - it's seriously stout.

The DEK3 is on a whole different level of CPK awesomeness. When I get a CPK, I usually have the impression that I can do insane things like flatten the globe, make dinosaurs extinct, usher in a new ice age - just from the awesome power of a beautifully overbuilt blade. This is my first experience with CPK's ability towards creating finesse. This knife feels feather light (compared to its siblings) is ground super thin, and has a super sexy profile - this is a damned fine cutter. I think those that ordered theirs in Magnacut are not going to regret it in the least.

Hard to say what my favorite is between the three so I'll have to give the DEK2 and DEK3 some good ol' fashioned use. Regardless, the DEKs are a very fine line of knives and everyone should try and treat themselves to at least one variation, if not all of them.

Well done Lorien, well done CPK - these things rule!

Jo3Utg8.jpg

52FCGvv.jpg

mMw1MMb.jpg

Burlap and blue titanium fasteners, never would have thought about getting such a combo but, surprisingly, looks really good!

Tell me about those fine scales on the far right. Those look amazing! Where/how did you get them?

Is the DEK 3 sporting double red or the new scarlet colored scales?

I've got a DEK 1 and 2 but am waiting for a swedged DEK 2 and the DEK 3 to come in.

Indeed, it is an excellent design! Exactly what I'd EDC if I could carry a fixed blade at work.

I hope someone can share some pics of those three new scale options (if anyone has them yet), scarlet linen, blue canvas, and tri color canvas.

PXL_20230505_151400792.jpgPXL_20230505_151338744.jpg
Yes, I'm still amazed at the DEK3. It's too bad we are sort of flying blind picking options during the preorder. After handling one I have a better sense of what they might look like. Looks like you got double red too... great minds.

Tell me about those fine scales on the far right. Those look amazing! Where/how did you get them?

Is the DEK 3 sporting double red or the new scarlet colored scales?

Like the fellas said, it's some sort of old rotted out trailer park wood.... 😁

In seriousness - though I am no expert, I think they might be Ironwood. Grain isn't as elaborate as some Ironwood I've seen but the grain, color, and texture look right. I had them included in my pre-order.

The DEK3 has double red - I'm very pleased with them, they look terrific.

View attachment 2179413View attachment 2179414
Yes, I'm still amazed at the DEK3. It's too bad we are sort of flying blind picking options during the preorder. After handling one I have a better sense of what they might look like. Looks like you got double red too... great minds.

Isn't that top swedge seeeeeeexy?! The knife feels like it floats in your hand.

I can't wait to score a 3!!!!!!

Just a DEK1 and Gretchen plus my UF2

Dok is my no b/s edc

View attachment 2179542

I hope you land one, my friend. I think those who sleep on the 3 will definitely regret it somewhere down the line. In the meantime though, you have that knockout, Gretchen, the belle of the ball.

I think you've made your point...

Have you tried posting in the "Knives Wanted" section?

That was actually the last time I was going to say anything out side of the WTB, and I am truly sorry that it was one time too many.

Very often, at least in the watch and headphones world, I've found most people selling never even bother to check a WTB forum before posting a sale; but people who are unsure if they want to sell or not will often make the snap decision to sell when randomly coming across a post expressing interest. Again, sorry, wont happen again.

That was actually the last time I was going to say anything out side of the WTB, and I am truly sorry that it was one time too many.

Very often, at least in the watch and headphones world, I've found most people selling never even bother to check a WTB forum before posting a sale; but people who are unsure if they want to sell or not will often make the snap decision to sell when randomly coming across a post expressing interest. Again, sorry, wont happen again.

I'd recommend throwing something in your sig line as well. I've had pretty decent luck by doing that in the past and I know other fellas have too.

Delivery guy just brought me some CPK goodness ... a quick comparison phone pic ...DEK1 - DEK 3

This thing feels nearly weightless! I'm really liking the feel and the fine details on this one ... it's crazy good!

Thanks again team CPK ... another home run !!!
20230509_153351_resized.jpg

Back