Thoughts and impressions if the new Micro/IBBB/Bawanna Bowie Good and bad.

That does look good sno! Your buddy did good! I wouldnt worry too much about the cutting edge against the leather. You would probably have to sheath ten thousand times before you cut it off or something. The kydex insert may end up being an interesting idea as far as making the strap rigid and easy to unsnap. Bawanna! How many fingers am I holding up?

Bawanna! How many fingers am I holding up?

Don't you prefer your fingers when they hold by themselves?

-Stupid foreign interpretation of the English structure
By the sound of it, it's like they are detached, which it totally in line with the matter at hand.
Jeez I even managed to throw a pun with it.

Here's all three of my baby HIs. JKM on the tip, IBBB in the middle, R10 at the bottom.
View attachment 447218

My poor JKM is my new "go to" kitchen paring knife and it already looks worse for the wear. The bone grip is stained from grease and the blade's blackened from chopping veggies. I oiled the blade up before I used it but I guess it didn't take. We'll just say it has character now.

That R10 Looks a lot like the YCS Karda. I like it!
There are lots of acidic things in the kitchen that will do that. I give up on my Kumar Karda and let the character develop as well. Tomatoes and lemons are brutal! Sure is nice to see the temper lines tho!

Hmm, you're right. It does look just like the YCS Karda. I really haven't used the R10 much yet, one of these days I'll find an excuse to use it.

The JKM makes a great skinning/pairing combo knife. I wouldn't say it's better or more useful than a "normal" pairing knife, but it's a million times more fun to use. The only thing I don't use it for is dicing up onions because the blade's a little too thick for that.

That's a good point about the food acids etching the blade. Can't wait to see what patterns come out. Honestly I'm really suprised they bothered to do a differential temper on such a small blade, but that's Himalayan Imports for ya. They do it the best way possible whether the customer notices or not.

I didn't take a picture because I was to ashamed of myself. BUT I apparently neglected my itty bitty beloved bawanna bowie. I pulled it out yesterday just to hold and fondle and cut something which I do from time to time and :eek: RUST! I look at it frequently enough that I felt I was doing well at maintenance. I oil it regularly and occasionally give it a paste wax job. Guess I didn't look close enough or perhaps I got a little spray washing the van or something in the sheath........no excuse. Rust is neglect.
I'm using my pitiful homemade kydex (a real downer compared to the lovely Pugs sheath) making sure it is good and dry inside. Might shoot a little 6% silicone inside. I do that on holsters which seems to help too.
I've cleaned it up mostly, will need further attention but its good to go again and I will be more diligent in my maintenance.
The wall blades are doing fine, checked them the other day to be safe.

Respect the bowie. Rust is neglect.

.... itty bitty beloved bawanna bowie...
Im pretty sure theres an extra "B" in there! IBBBB? Luckily they are very forgiving! I left my 20" AK stuck in my log splitting stump once overnight and the dew made a nice even red layer of rust on one side only. Must have had it tilted just right? Now after much more use I cant even tell the difference.

Back