Three hard use modern folders, three different brands, post your favorites.

Here are my three, all different lock types, all well built tanks that I wouldn't be afraid to take on anything I'll ever encounter in my life.

I'm a huge fan of all three knife companies and these are all excellent examples of what those companies can do best. Good steel, solid construction, great looks, tight lockup and smooth action (some better than others) I'm looking at you 0562cf.

Just another day in quarantine so broke them out of the safe and thought it might be a good idea to see your favorites. I hope everyone out there is staying well!

Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

My favorite is a good 1095 bladed stockman.

The Steel Will Cutjack in D2.

Dont have a third.

Good calls, although I had a Cutjack mini when they first released and it had such bad lockstick I sent it back. I'm sure it was just a typical first production run mistake. Otherwise it was a great knife, and I had been waiting forever to grab one ever since they first announced it.

I don't really have any hard use knives at the moment other than my 0562 Ti which is the loveliest tank I've used yet. Just ordered my first hinderer a la the Jurassic, so that will hopefully count. Thinking about a CRK for my next big purchase. Hopefully CRK will have an Insingo 31 in 45vn by then. Also, what is the Spyderco you have there?

Of all the 'hard use' Hinderer, CRK, Strider, ZT, BM, Spyderco, etc I owned, these are my three picks:

jlI7pBP.jpg

These knives I could hold as tight as I want and apply good amount force to cut for hours on end, without worrying any of them tearing my hand to pieces. To me, hard use is all about the ergo-dynamic, YMMV.

:) Cold Steel for hard use ! Almost any with the Tri-ad lock . Just happened to have this pic with 3 , but could be many others as well . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd want to put CS serrations to hard use. They look like they would break and I've heard too many reports as such. I always thought they were more intended for SD. The recon one is a beast though. The spear point really is underrated as far as blade shapes go.

I tend to not push the limits of what a folder can do, that's why I have fixed blades. That said, here are 3 that see lots of use for me:

Spyderco Pacific Salt:
0vVDwdah.jpg

ZT 0452cf:
vkG0GiAh.jpg

Benchmade 810:
GLvKw3Lh.jpg

With some friends:
Pht1ApSh.jpg

Back