Three-Knife Game

Victorinox Tinker. Gotta have at least one.

PM2. A bit larger than I prefer in the pocket, but it’s an amazing tool.

Bradford Guardian 4 in M390. Gotta have a fixed blade and can’t go wrong with M390.

S Sharperthansticks
Why can't I list knives that I already have, regardless of whether they are in stock or readily available to others?? I'm not looking for new knives, and not really up on current offerings... but I do routinely carry 3 knives (I understand your game doesn't say they should be carried together; but it doesn't make sense for me to play any other way).
I waved my magic wand. Now you can do whatever you like.

#1 Gerber multi-plier 600 (black w needle nose)
#2 BM Grip (Combo Sheepsfoot)
#3 AR fiddleback bushcrafter

these would do the trick...

Last edited:
  1. $0 - $70.
Cold Steel Code 4
  1. $70.01 - $160.
Leatherman Charge
  1. $160.01 - $350.
Microtech UTX 85

If the upper limit of the third option was over $400, I would've picked the BM 781. It's on the small size for me, but one of my favorites to date.

0 - 70$: Ontario 8904 Joe Pardue Utiliac
71 - 160$: ESEE 6
161 - 350$: Emerson Sheepdog

Kabar Dozier

The next two would be from testing out fixed blades and santoku's. I'm not going without a Santoku is all I know.

1. Boker tree brand 4” stockman in Rosewood $60
2. Hogue Ritter rsk $150
3. Hinderer Ranch Bowie $350

Thatd be a trio youd be set for life with and it gets me what a like a stockman and a hinderer. The hogue is on there for value and performace you cant get any better at that price range

Lets see, if I'm only going to have three knives, I want one multitool, one fixed and one folder.

When I saw the title of this thread I, too, was thinking a blade equivalent of 3 Gun, where a competitor fields a handgun, AR-pattern rifle, and shotgun. What first came to mind is a small traditional folder, a medium folder, and a stout fixed blade. But, instead of a small traditional, I'm going to opt for a small multitool:

1. Leatherman Squirt PS4, 420HC -- $35
2. We Rectifier, S35VN -- $130
3. Bark River Fox River, 3V -- $213.

Total damage is $368.

Assuming I can replace the knives as needed with the same or similar, currently I would choose the following:
(1) Vic Small Tinker >very handy
(2) Benchmade Mini Presidio II >very smooth and useful. Alternate would be a GEC 2 blade Slippie (#42 class).
(3) Bark River Wilderness Explorer fixed blade >big enough for most outdoor tasks, too big for some.

Frankly other than fixed blades, I only own a couple knives that cost over $160. For the most part, I seldom use anything in the $160+ class.

Last edited:
1. $70 or less- Victorinox Cadet.

2. $70+ to $160- Benchmade Griptilian, full size.

3. $160+ Some sort of fixed blade. Right now I own a Benchmade 162 but would prefer a CPK Field Knife or EDC 2.

The Cadet gives me a folder that is people and travel-friendly. The Benchmade offers me a folding knife that works well with gloves. The fixed blade would be for field use. Hunting, camping and the like. Combine those three knives with a utility knife and maybe a multi-tool, and you'd be set.

This assumes that my motor skills stay the same as I get older but we all know that is not the way life is.

0-70 : Civivi Praxis (beater)
70-160 : Kizer Gemini left handed (EDC)
160+ : Fox Octopus Vulgaris Ziricote (fixed blade)

Oh god, your rules are painful lol

esee izula
esee 4 (Stainless)
esee 6HM

... i like esee apparently

One multitool. Say a inexpensive leatherman.
One good fixed blade. ESEE or equivalent.
One folder. Xm-18 bought used or on sale.

1. Spyderco Salt series (serrated)
2. Emerson CQC-7
3. Custom Knife Factory (any knife they make under $350ish)

I'll bite.

<$70: Case Sod Buster Jr.
<$160:Spyderco Chaparral.
<$350: Spydiechef.

Plus a custom flipper if allowed.

Three.jpg

Sak, Tinker, Super Tinker or Fieldmaster.
BM Mini grip.
ZT 0562

I actually frequently carry this combo, recently the large folder has also been a Cold Steel Code 4, or BM Contego.

$0-$70 - CIVIVI Praxis
$71-$160 - Benchmade Mini-Griptilian 556-1
$160-$350 - Benchmade Osbourne 940-1

I don't own that many pocket knives yet. I still want to get my hands on a ZT 0452CF, a Boker Kwaiken, a Kershaw Atmos and something from Spyderco. I'm thinking Gayle Bradley 2, Kapara or the Spydiechef (if I can ever reach it before it sells out).

Back