Three rivers manufacturing

I’ve had my Neutron for almost maybe six months. I love the design of the thing studs... rounded on top so it goes in and out of the pocket easily but with the grove in the middle for traction during deployment.
TRM are offering o-rings for the thumb studs. I suggest contacting TRM directly or join their Facebook group (TiCOONS Really Matter)

I really want the atom but the wait deterred me. It's a very appealing design, size, and specs to me. I've seen some on the secondary market but not often so either people are hanging on to them or haven't got them yet. Maybe I'll just order one and get in on the list.

I really want the atom but the wait deterred me. It's a very appealing design, size, and specs to me. I've seen some on the secondary market but not often so either people are hanging on to them or haven't got them yet. Maybe I'll just order one and get in on the list.

I ordered one just to see. If its half as good as a neutron, i will be happy . .

I ordered one just to see. If its half as good as a neutron, i will be happy . .
To my understanding it's basically a larger version of the neutroN with some improvements. Very positive reviews on both models. I really need to get my hands on one

To my understanding it's basically a larger version of the neutroN with some improvements. Very positive reviews on both models. I really need to get my hands on one

I just took a chance on an atlas last November. Those little knives are super well made . I made my mind up to get on the list . First time i forgot . Then in june i was ready. And believe me they go fast ! I got on for my neutron.
The wait all most killed me . They do keep you posted with a time line. And you only need 15 down.
I dont see them catching up soon . Quality sells period. Two days after my neutron arrived they opened the orders back up . I made up my mind to get an atom and if there were any neutrons left ,one more .
Both of these will end up with a grandson and son in law .
They even brought out another model called the nerd. That looks to be very small .
Wish you lived close, i sure would let you handle mine .

Jake

I just took a chance on an atlas last November. Those little knives are super well made . I made my mind up to get on the list . First time i forgot . Then in june i was ready. And believe me they go fast ! I got on for my neutron.
The wait all most killed me . They do keep you posted with a time line. And you only need 15 down.
I dont see them catching up soon . Quality sells period. Two days after my neutron arrived they opened the orders back up . I made up my mind to get an atom and if there were any neutrons left ,one more .
Both of these will end up with a grandson and son in law .
They even brought out another model called the nerd. That looks to be very small .
Wish you lived close, i sure would let you handle mine .

Jake

I appreciate the offer. I am on their email list and had the opportunity to get in on the order but didn't and kind of wished I did. $15 down to secure one is easy enough and considering the lead times that leaves plenty left to acquire the rest of the funds. I suppose I was kinda hoping I'd end up getting an atom on the secondary market but the one or two Atoms I've seen were about as much as a new one and rightfully so with the limited production and availability. I keep seeing coming soon from their sole? distributor but I imagine they will sell out fast there as well so I'll probably get in on an atom order the next go around w TRM directly. All the reviews ive watched have been very positive. Initially I didn't wanna wait but I could've had one in hand by now.:(

Well apparently my wife was going to surprise me and ended up ordering me one on the last list so I have a blue and black CF Atom slated for the end of December! Does anybody have those scales or seen pictures of them? I didn't see any on TRM website other than the 3-D machine CF scales which look amazing. All I know is they are Matte and blue/black CF. cant wait!

Edit: so after emailing TRM just now looks like the blue/blk CF scales are so new they arent ready yet and may not be by that time so i have OD micarta as my backup scales which will be sweet also. I planned on getting those later anyway. We shall see when the time comes which scales my atom ships with.

Last edited:
Best news i heard all day ! Now if they are half as good as my neutron, we have it made.
I want a red g10 but settled for red micarta . This little neutron of mine hasn't left my pocket .

Jake

Best news i heard all day ! Now if they are half as good as my neutron, we have it made.
I want a red g10 but settled for red micarta . This little neutron of mine hasn't left my pocket .

Jake

Nice thing about their designs are the ease of scale interchangeability and all the options in colors and materials!

Well i got the email from three rivers manufacturing. The atom is ready to ship .Now the wait begins.
I carry the little neutron every day . That 20cv takes an edge like no other steel that i have had period.
I just wish i could have got it in red g10. This one is in red micarta. This should be about as close to an all round edc .A three and a half blade will accomplish about any duty a knife is called upon.

Jake

Well i got the email from three rivers manufacturing. The atom is ready to ship .Now the wait begins.
I carry the little neutron every day . That 20cv takes an edge like no other steel that i have had period.
I just wish i could have got it in red g10. This one is in red micarta. This should be about as close to an all round edc .A three and a half blade will accomplish about any duty a knife is called upon.

Jake

Waiting on my Atom as well and glad to hear yours is on its way! So does TRM just email you when it's ready to ship and send the invoice for the remaining balance then if you just put a deposit down or did you pay yours in full upfront? Pretty excited about mine! they told me end of December when I placed my order and deposit.

You will get an e mail .Then just go to pay pal and pay it . Then pay pal will send you a receipt.
The 15 down is used as the shipping payment. Didnt pay up front ,so i cant answer that .
I still have an neutron coming . But i believe as i said before, they have the edc thing down . I bought a manix2 in 20cv last January. This steel is so easy to sharpen or rather touch up . I just use a spyderco golden stone. The little neutron came like no knife i have ever received in sharpness. Everyone that has handled it cant believe it .
i all most wish reeve would switch to 20cv.

Jake

20CV/M390/CTS-204P are the cream of the crop blade steels for sure. i own a few and prefer it when available on a folder as most enthusiasts do. looking forward to my Atom and i appreciate the info!

Got it Monday am . If you had to choose between a neutron and an atom . That would be a hard call .
The atom came sharp ,smooth and centered . Same great steel sharpened to perfection.
It really comes down to use . The atom could be used in a hunting, camping and self defense role slightly better than its little brother the neutron. Glad i dont have to make that call .

Jake

Back