Throwback Thursday

Early 90s Delica. My first good knife.
E14kfJA.jpg

Here are my throw backs, I really like the stainless ones. Many find them slippery but I seem to prefer them over FRN.
Rookie - found it online a few years ago glad to find it, was mint when it arrived but I carry it every now and then
Police - got it on trade about 20 years ago from Stabman it is my first stainless model the one that started it all.
Cara Cara 2 - its a new one but was afraid I would wreck my police at work so carry this one more often, it works well holds a decent edge and is easy to sharpen.
Harpy - I carry this one when I am up for a challenge. It gets dull really quickly and sort of tears things instead of cutting so if I want a jagged edge its what I reach for.
JcT2lFE.jpg

Edit Organizing my images

Last edited:
Had no idea Byrd made a Cara Cara in a SS model? There is a Tern in stainless but a slip joint and now Spyderco has the SS Tern with a locking blade called the Uptern? If it was made in Taiwan, Japan, Italy or USA i would get one or two. But it’s not so i am hesitant. I have the Police, Endura and Delica in SS and the Dragonfly may be next. I like SS.

Had no idea Byrd made a Cara Cara in a SS model? There is a Tern in stainless but a slip joint and now Spyderco has the SS Tern with a locking blade called the Uptern? If it was made in Taiwan, Japan, Italy or USA i would get one or two. But it’s not so i am hesitant. I have the Police, Endura and Delica in SS and the Dragonfly may be next. I like SS.
The UpTern is a surprisingly nice little knife. I also would have preferred it to have been manufactured in any of the other factories, but, for the price, my curiosity about the design got the best of me. All things considered.. pretty impressive fit & finish actually (on my sample anyway), and the thing locks up more solidly than any of my Seki back locks.. credit where it's due to Spyderco's Chinese factory, my UpTern is objectively well-made..

Well thanks for the info. I am afraid it is only pushing me towards buy the lil sucker. 😂🤣

Back