Time to your door

You've got to love Survive! Since I'm in Europe Shipping is not free (but cheap!), but the downside is that it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive... But I just noticed that they combined my two orders and upgraded to priority shipping, so now I'll hopefully have t in 1-2 weeks! Before summer is over. :) Thanks Guy & Ellie for awesome customer service!!

You've got to love Survive! Since I'm in Europe Shipping is not free (but cheap!), but the downside is that it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive... But I just noticed that they combined my two orders and upgraded to priority shipping, so now I'll hopefully have t in 1-2 weeks! Before summer is over. :) Thanks Guy & Ellie for awesome customer service!!

This is dedication. I love your outlook on life :thumbup:

Glad to hear that the very last old spec 4.1's are making it to their homes!

4.1 2nd has arrived! If you can find a blemish, you are a better man than I. I guarantee these could easily be sold as firsts. What a great feeling and looking blade!

I just received my 4.1 factory second today. I have been looking at it all day trying to find why it's a second. I thought I had a pretty good eye for spotting blemishes. This one is perfect in every way. I honestly feel like I owe Guy some more money on this one! What a great deal on those seconds!

I just received my 4.1 factory second today. I have been looking at it all day trying to find why it's a second. I thought I had a pretty good eye for spotting blemishes. This one is perfect in every way. I honestly feel like I owe Guy some more money on this one! What a great deal on those seconds!

absolutely kicking myself for not grabbing one when i ordered my 5.0....#$@&...haha

Ha! I love that last part. With my 3.5 I had to really look to find something wrong and I think I was just making stuff up until I looked at this pic:

I was doing some yard work and ended up with this cutie on my shirt. Scraped it off with the 3.5. See the little tiny marks? This pic must have been at the perfect angle with ideal lighting. I cannot really see these when I actually handle the knife.

Factory-second Slug analysis! THE gold-standard for finding defects in your S!K product :)

Great pic, thanks for sharing that :thumbup:

Here is a question:

Do Guy and Ellie send out the free shipping knives last? If so, it doesn't bother me, I would do the same as a matter of fairness. But I would like to know in case of future orders. I'll pay for the shipping if that's the case.

Here is a question:

Do Guy and Ellie send out the free shipping knives last? If so, it doesn't bother me, I would do the same as a matter of fairness. But I would like to know in case of future orders. I'll pay for the shipping if that's the case.

Nope! We fulfill the orders based on when they were first placed, so long as we have the materials.

Great, thanks for the quick reply. I've been castigating myself for choosing free shipping on my 5. Now I can stop and chill a bit. :)

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm growing concerned about the wait time on these 5's. It has been one month since these started shipping and there are still knives ordered in the first few hours that haven't been shipped. And these 5's were up for sale something like two weeks?!? How long will it take to complete the run of 5's and it's 2nd's? All of September? Into October perhaps?

And then comes the 5.1 Starter which sold goodness knows how many. I'm glad I placed the orders I did, and SK! have been awesome in keeping us updated. But I'm beginning to wonder if they overstretched themselves again on preorders. I can only imagine the wait for a GSO8 or 6.

Am I the only one worried?

Do I want several new razor sharp pieces of 3V steel in my hands right now? Yeah!

Am I worried? No.

Ellie said in another thread today that they will be shipping more 5's on Monday. They might not be feeling the full effect of new equipment and a new employee yet, but we know they're getting stuff out as fast as possible.

The 5's sold for about 6 weeks. I ordered my first on 4/29 and second on 6/16.

I went into starter orders knowing it would be a great while until receiving them and I was totally at peace with that. I know models announced after that will come in their appropriate place in line. I think the big difference between this and the first preorder is that S! said straight up they didn't have a set date for completion and get to involved knowing that. The 5's were a little different situation, but even then, they said the handles and sheaths were not made at the time of ordering.

You have not been forgotten. Hang in there!!!

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm growing concerned about the wait time on these 5's. It has been one month since these started shipping and there are still knives ordered in the first few hours that haven't been shipped. And these 5's were up for sale something like two weeks?!? How long will it take to complete the run of 5's and it's 2nd's? All of September? Into October perhaps?

And then comes the 5.1 Starter which sold goodness knows how many. I'm glad I placed the orders I did, and SK! have been awesome in keeping us updated. But I'm beginning to wonder if they overstretched themselves again on preorders. I can only imagine the wait for a GSO8 or 6.

Am I the only one worried?

No. I too am growing a bit concerned also. I placed my GSO 5 order on the 30th of April and still waiting for it to be shipped.

Back