• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Titanium (and hard-ano aluminum) PM2 scales

These are custom-made scales for the PM2. They were designed and machined here in the Pacific Northwest using material sourced from the aircraft industry. All the scales have the 'Golden Ratio' design on the face. I'm afraid I don't have any plain ones.

The scales are available in a few different finishes. In the photos of the scales laying side by side, they are: hard-ano aluminum (steel green finish), bead blasted 6AL-4V ti with a fade ano showing the different color options (basically blue, purple, gold or bronze), ti bead blasted, ti stone washed, ti blue anodized with a brushed face and then gold anodized, and ti blue anodized with a brushed natural ti face (the blue ano in the grooves looks pretty slick against the brushed face). I finish each set individually, so I'll try to do whatever you fancy.

The fit and finish is really clean and they go together tight. Centering on the sets I've put together is spot-on, and lockup is OEM.

As for weight, the OEM PM2 with G10 scales weighs (on my scale) 110 grams; with the aluminum scale setup it comes in at 112 grams; and with the ti scales it's 140 grams, which is a substantial difference. I've never handled a Hinderer, but a guy told me he thought it had about the same feel and heft as an XM 18 (the 3.5" model weighs about 160 grams, I think).

The aluminum set, with ti clip, is $70. I have about 20 or so sets. The ti set, with clip, is $96. I have 30 or so sets. Shipping is $5 per set.

Because I finish each set individually per order, turnaround is about a week from order to ship.

These are guaranteed for life, and your money back if they don't end up being what you expected.

Casey

cas4_zps4c3e9cbb.jpg
cas5_zps2a1b5784.jpg
DSCN1680_zps56a14a01.jpg
DSCN1686_zps4b0a6cbf.jpg
DSCN1691_zpsfef7c1df.jpg
DSCN1563_zps704c789b.jpg
DSCN1550_zpsec633af6.jpg
DSCN1548_zps23795956.jpg

Casey,
Those look awesome. I think i have my last pm2 traded but not sure yet. If it does not go ill be taking a set. If it does i wont be needing them. How much?

Look great Casey! Hard to tell from the pics, but which finish on the Ti is the least reflective, like a matte finish, between the stonewash and beadblast?

You bet, fun. The ti sets are $96, and $5 shipping.

Thanks map. I would say the aluminum is least reflective, then stonewash ti, then bead blast, though they are all relatively matte.

Casey

Yeah, the bead blasted look really good in that light. I'm in for a set of those. Now about that backspacer... :)

Casey,

Please put me down for 2 sets:

1. Ti blue anodized with a brushed natural ti face (the blue ano in the grooves looks pretty slick against the brushed (pictured on the far right- correct?).

And one of these, please:

2. Beadblasted Ti finish (the last pictures that you added on the bottom).

I'll send you a payment tomorrow, for 2 sets of Ti Scales. Beforehand, I'll confirm definitively that these are my choices, or if I'll picked another option. Thanks again, for the heads up, Casey- I really appreciate it!

I am interested in a set of the blue ti anodized. How do I go about placing an order? Should I just put the shipping address and order information in the PayPal Email?

I'll take a blue Ti set sending pm

Payment sent Thanks!

Last edited:
Casey,

I just sent you a payment, for a set of the, anodized blue with brushed face. Added a little extra, so that you could have a cold one, on me!

Thanks, brother!

Yessir jrod, that works great, and in the 'notes' on the paypal payment, let me know too what finish you prefer.

Thanks Clanton and Kelama - I'll get them out asap - probably about a week or so.

Casey

Those look great! I really dig the design on the scales. What other Ti scales have you done? Have you done any axis locks?

Wow those are awezome. Do u have any plans to make any with a different design and or pattern?

Thanks jk. I'm afraid these are the only ones I have at the moment, though I do have some ti Delica scales coming soon. I re-imagined the design a bit, kind of my take on what a mini-PM2 might look like. I have MiniGrip scales in the early design stages.

Hey NM - thanks for the post. If these sell ok, I'll certainly do another run. Some of these were supposed to be plain (no 'Golden Ratio' design), but there was a miscommunication with the machinist.

Casey

The scales are available in a few different finishes. In the photos of the scales laying side by side, they are: hard-ano aluminum (steel green finish), bead blasted 6AL-4V ti with a fade ano showing the different color options (basically blue, purple, gold or bronze), ti bead blasted, ti stone washed, ti blue anodized with a brushed face and then gold anodized, and ti blue anodized with a brushed natural ti face (the blue ano in the grooves looks pretty slick against the brushed face). I finish each set individually, so I'll try to do whatever you fancy.

DSCN1686_zps4b0a6cbf.jpg

Hi Casey, I have a question about your finishes. You do all the anodizing and beadblasting yourself? Is your beadblasted finish more like a Sage 2 (light and smooth) or like a Sebenza (deeper/darker and grippier)?

Finally installed my aluminum PM2 scales and clip. I like spyderco G10, but on this particular dealer exclusive I did not like the color. Casey's scales fit perfectly, installed without major hassle, and knife function is still great. Scales look great, feel great - still a nice, lightweight knife, lock-up is solid. I probably won't make this a primary carry in cold weather (metal scales get too cold), but this PM2 is definitely going into the rotation when things warm up! Thanks Casey!!

Back