• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Titanium (and hard-ano aluminum) PM2 scales

Right on, thanks dog for letting me know. I appreciate it, and am glad to hear they are working out ok for you. But you're right - metal scales are no fun when the temp drops!
Casey

Update for guys who have ordered scales - I have another little tool for sale that I got hit pretty hard with orders for over the last week, so I'm behind on shipping. But I'll be getting the scales out over the next week or so, and I'll make sure that everyone gets their order asap.
Thanks again,
Casey

Finally installed my aluminum PM2 scales and clip. I like spyderco G10, but on this particular dealer exclusive I did not like the color. Casey's scales fit perfectly, installed without major hassle, and knife function is still great. Scales look great, feel great - still a nice, lightweight knife, lock-up is solid. I probably won't make this a primary carry in cold weather (metal scales get too cold), but this PM2 is definitely going into the rotation when things warm up! Thanks Casey!!

@dogrunner -
What color are the G10s you do not like? Are they for sale?

I'll take a hard-ano set with clip. Thanks!
Payment sent.

Last edited:
Long post incoming...

Got my TI scales today in a pretty awesome package. I love the Lynch logo on the inside.
oBFN2Dq.jpg

Began the operation with great fear and trembling, hoping that I'd be able to pull the transformation off successfully.
WSyZ0Kp.jpg

Thirty minutes later, I declared it a success.
JxHGgr0.jpg

The fit and finish on these scales outclasses the OEM getup.
TqGSyyy.jpg

DWGaPjS.jpg

The knife centered up with no problem and actually has a SMOOTHER action and lockup now.
UJAOGfL.jpg

VnvE58e.jpg

All in all, I've been blown away with Casey's handiwork and service.

4D9HN3b.jpg

Hey Friar, thanks for the great photos and really kind words. I certainly do appreciate it, and I hope the scales work well for you. Please let me know if you have any issues so I can make it right. Thanks again, your post made my day.
Casey

Hey Friar, thanks for the great photos and really kind words. I certainly do appreciate it, and I hope the scales work well for you. Please let me know if you have any issues so I can make it right. Thanks again, your post made my day.
Casey

Always.

If you ever get the itch to do custom hardware for the PM2, I'll be all over that, too. :)

Casey,
Any chance of getting a set machined with a single clip position?
These look great! But for me they'd be the nutz drilled for a rh tip up carry only.

Got mine yesterday anyone questioning getting these don't these are great and Casey is a pleasure to buy from. I want another set to put a S90V blade in.

Got it Brock. Thanks, and I'll get them out asap. I'm a bit behind, but they'll be in the mail early next week.

Thanks again Friar. I do need to look into the hardware... that would be fun.

Thanks Clanton for the kind words and great pics. I'm really glad to hear you're liking them. Let me know if any issues arise so I can make it right.

Hey Bar - if these do OK and I get a chance to do another batch, you bet, I'd love to do up a set like that for you. I've actually been meaning to buy some studs (I think they're called studs, anyways)... basically screws without a head, and a flat screwdriver groove in the top, to put in the non-used clip holes. That won't be as clean as not having the holes at all, but it will be a little tighter looking.

Casey

Id definitely be in for a set with a single pocket clip position and if possible just a plain ti scale with no design. I don't even have a para 2 yet but if I could get that setup Id buy it in a heartbeat. Great work.

Yeah, the bead blasted look really good in that light. I'm in for a set of those. Now about that backspacer... :)

You're likely aware of these and hoping for titanium or aluminum backspacers from Casey, but JUST IN CASE you aren't, I have the Cuscadi backspacers (which are usually in stock, though different versions go in and out of stock) on a couple of my PM2's, and while they aren't metal, I am quite happy with them (other than the pain of removing/reinstalling the scales at the lanyard hole, but if you're replacing the scales, you're going to have to deal with that fun anyway...)

2 PM2s.jpg

(Both of those also have Casey's lowrider clips, by the way...)

Casey,

I absolutely love these PM 2 Ti scales! Thank you, for the exceptional customer service.

Last edited:
I received my scales last Friday. I just wanted to say that the craftsmanship on these are amazing! The fit and finish is perfect. I seems that the action on the knife is even smoother than from the factory, if you can believe that! The knife has not left my hands/pockets since putting the scales on it. If I had a second PM2 I would order another set of scales for it.

Thank you Casey for an outstanding product! Incredible customer service! Too anyone else considering ordering a set of scales, DO IT!

Back