Titanium Millie; pivots & problems

I know it has been said above, but sometimes new knives just need some good lube and a good work out. I've had some larger flippers that i spent
many hours flipping to get them broke in. Yes, it's a pain. I'll take a new hand gun apart right away to get the factory goop out, but never a new knife.
If it does not seem to want to break in within a reasonable time, send it back.

I should mention that this is a seconds and the blade was off to the right and I have been trying to somewhat center it but to no avail. The date on the blade is 05 17 with a C on it. Does anyone know what the c stands for?

I should mention that this is a seconds and the blade was off to the right and I have been trying to somewhat center it but to no avail. The date on the blade is 05 17 with a C on it. Does anyone know what the c stands for?

Try swapping/flipping the washers, screws, and stop pin. Aslo cleaning/buffing carefully any areas that have metal debris or locktite gunks as 91bravo 91bravo suggested. When assembling, first tighten the pivot to see whether the blade is centered or leaning to which side. Then tighten the body screw one by one to see which one is causing the off centering. Leave that one to the last to tighten. Its most often just trial and error though it can be frustrating and potentially strip screws if you tweak too many times.

456EEF11-CDA3-4383-A52D-EF0D0233B9A9.jpeg

Speaking of shining your washers. Most washers are stamped/blanked and have a drag burr on one side. Shine the side opposite the burr with a Spyderco Ultra Fine SharpMaker triangular prism. Put the washer on your finger tip and pretend you are trying to remove your finger print with the prism. The shiny side goes against the blade when reassembling.

Back