To many Beckers? Naw!

I don't have too many because I found my perfect (and only) Becker, the BK-15. I admire the rest of the lineup (especially the 5) but I only truly wanted a 15.

Z27Jm3J.jpeg

The tape on the handle is red now.

Zieg
A damn shame it was discontinued.

I think I'm at an 2, 11, 14, 16.

9 on its way.

A damn shame it was discontinued.

I think I'm at an 2, 11, 14, 16.

9 on its way.
Good all general purpose choice.

BK2 is a good choice for another jack of all trades heavy tool. The large handle with a good hammering hilt is justified for a short 5" knife for its 1/4" inch spine as a hard use and hard durable knife/tool. Its straight with no thumb ramp blade is also plus IMHO. For me, the BK10 is to thin for its bigger handle and that thumb ramp makes a shorter blade for general use. But for its stated purpose I guess made for its purpose.

For a thinner knife with a shorter blade, the tweeners fit it better.

Good all general purpose choice.

BK2 is a good choice for another jack of all trades heavy tool. The large handle with a good hammering hilt is justified for a short 5" knife for its 1/4" inch spine as a hard use and hard durable knife/tool. Its straight with no thumb ramp blade is also plus IMHO. For me, the BK10 is to thin for its bigger handle and that thumb ramp makes a shorter blade for general use. But for its stated purpose I guess made for its purpose.

For a thinner knife with a shorter blade, the tweeners fit it better.
To be honest...the 16 is by far my favorite. That knife is the definition of jack of all trades master of none. It does everything pretty damn well and its so comfortable in hand. I ground the gaurd away a bit however.

Yep a Tweener. Probably best designed one, if they made it in a saber grind again, I'd get it. I did come across an OKC 5160 Vulpine that I was going to use as a main carry belt knife. But the little brother just had a new born son and gave away a the 5" in knife I gave him so he got the replacement from me...I do dumb things like that. So far my BK 72 does that in place of the standard BK2s I got. I got dogwood fire fly handles on it, and some one followed me out on a trail seeing the glowing handle I had. Well till I turned the light on when it got totally dark via cloud cover when they asked for a literal light from behind me.

Yep a Tweener. Probably best designed one, if they made it in a saber grind again, I'd get it. I did come across an OKC 5160 Vulpine that I was going to use as a main carry belt knife. But the little brother just had a new born son and gave away a the 5" in knife I gave him so he got the replacement from me...I do dumb things like that. So far my BK 72 does that in place of the standard BK2s I got. I got dogwood fire fly handles on it, and some one followed me out on a trail seeing the glowing handle I had. Well till I turned the light on when it got totally dark via cloud cover when they asked for a literal light from behind me.
To be honest the full flat of the 16 has really surprised me as far as it's strength. Sure it may be slightly worse at batoning, but I have done some pretty nasty things to it and it hasn't chipped or rolled once.

kOZyfE5Vino3.jpg

To be honest the full flat of the 16 has really surprised me as far as it's strength. Sure it may be slightly worse at batoning, but I have done some pretty nasty things to it and it hasn't chipped or rolled once.

Yep.
The saber grind gives you a wedging action, which is good if you want it.
The FFG is plenty strong and cuts things other than end-grain logs better.

Amazing collection sir!
Love that circular layout :D
And a beautiful edge on your Brute, awesome!
Thank you. The Brute reprofile job was done by Joel at Burr and Bevel. Highly recommended and a pleasure to work with.

Back