Tom Brown Tracker

hunted-0312.jpg

Caught my brother tonight watching the DVD and just thought of this: the Cinderella factor! We've been so caught up with the dressed-up, big, fat, ugly, and possibly useless sister hogging all the attention, we forgot about the "other" one who didn't get to receive as much attention, though it would have been the better/prettier/more talented of the two.

I'm referring to the forged one by del Toro probably in under two hours from the conveniently found scrap steel and instant forge?! :eek: I really like that one better (search didn't turn-up an up-close pic though).

Last edited:
As to the idea of taking the Tracker on day hikes as a survival kit... for the same weight I could carry a SAK and 8 by 10 foot tarp. How much chopping does everyone else really do? I mean necessary chopping.
Survival situation: put up tarp, use SAK saw to split some wood and get a fire going. All good.

To me the thing screams Mall Ninja! Mall Ninja!. It is a gimmic without a cause. The answer to a problem that does not exist. If I had one, I would keep it in a dark place where nobody would see it or know that I I got suckered into one.JMO

I keep mine in a deep dark place where nobody will see it, and admit I got suckered into it.
Never again!
So, in that regard, I guess it was a usefull lesson in looking before you leap.
Caveat Emptor!

IMO, the Tracker seems to be trying to do too many things at once. But my big complaint is the saw is on a part of the blade that will minimize your leverage, put you at a weird angle, and not be a real help for using the knife as a draw knife. If the saw was on the spine near the scales, and left the forward, angled part smooth, it would be much better.

The design, overall, is probably one that works well, IF you go through the trouble of learning how to use it. If you want to use it like any other knife or hatchet, it's not going to lift your skirts.

Back