Tom...info on your regrind service?

Well, it's my fault for not having called earlier. I'm not exactly a "phone person" as I prefer to have most personal conversations either in person or via the internet.

In any case, I had simply wanted to check if you had gotten my Endura 4 from Hawaii, as USPS says they delivered it:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSIn...uiry.do?origTrackNum=0403 8042 0030 1210 7139

But it wouldn't be the first time they messed up a delivery on me.

I forgot to put a return address on the package, but there should be one on the personal check I made out. And the second thing I wanted to mention was that the address is slightly off on the check, with the street number being 1428 when it should be 1426.

So the full return address is:
Herman Wong
1426 Keeaumoku St. A-4
Honolulu, HI 96822

Oh, and I think PMs are restricted to paying members only.

In any case, thanks for your time and response.

Hey Herman, I have your knife here. I am getting ready to work on it.

Do you want the regrind logo??

THANKS!

Tom

Hey Herman, I have your knife here. I am getting ready to work on it.

Do you want the regrind logo??

THANKS!

Tom
Nah, I'm planning to hand polish the entire blade until it gets a chrome-like mirror shine. Which will certainly be fun with ZDP-189.

However, I would suggest cashing the check first, as I'm not 100% sure if the guy from the bank didn't screw up the checks. The checking account number matches, so it should be fine.

But if it doesn't, I'll arrange another method of payment.

Edit: I had someone cash one of my checks for something else, so they should be fine.

Last edited:
This is what I am hoping for:
KreinKnife.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to polishing it by hand.
My friends all give me funny looks when I bring it up in a conversation, but I think I can impress a few with this one.

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Quality is awful because of my crappy camera, but there's the most beautiful 3 3/4 inches of steel I have ever seen.

Glides through everything(within reason) like a hot knife through butter.

Once I get it properly polished, it should glide even better because of a low friction surface.

After reading in the pass-around thread about Krein-reground Spyderco knives, I sent Tom an email regarding the regrinding of a Manix 2. My proposal in the mail was to order the knife and mail it directly to Tom, who'd then regrind it. Still haven't received a reply, but I'm already anxious to get the knife! (I know, epic gun-jumping)

Reason for this being I live out of the USA and don't want to pay shipping three times over.

I also sent a message to Tom regarding reprofiling a Fallkniven H1 to a full convex. I too was inspired by the Krein Reground passaround (I loved that Native he did). So far, no answer...

Back