Too big, too strong, too hard...

kztlarge.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WHAT is the name of that benchmade folder? THAT IS MASSIVE!!!!

It's not their first rodeo, Reek. ;)

Aye but I think it to be the most badass rodeo yet!

CTS-B75P is the Particle Metallurgy version of Latrobe's BG42. It is metallurgically similar, but enhanced. Very stainless, easy to sharpen and gets scary sharp....

Stay Sharp,

RJ Martin

...and you were playin like you weren't the collab... :) You were totally busted!

Good lookin at any rate nice to see your appearance in the thread, going to be a cool one!

CTS-B75P is the Particle Metallurgy version of Latrobe's BG42. It is metallurgically similar, but enhanced. Very stainless, easy to sharpen and gets scary sharp....

Stay Sharp,

RJ Martin

Thanks for answering RJ. I can't wait to sample your work, even via collaboration. :thumbup:

Sucks that the grind is so boring. If I'm going to buy a big blade, it has to be a recurve...coincidentally ;)

You prefer multiple useless grinds? What is it that you find boring about this grind? It is RJ's signature high hollow grind that he uses on all three of his custom Q-36 variants.

You prefer multiple useless grinds? What is it that you find boring about this grind? It is RJ's signature high hollow grind that he uses on all three of his custom Q-36 variants.

I think hes talking about the BM 610.

Though I didnt know a grind could be boring. The 610's is simple and utilitarian.

Just one question, (sorry if it's already been answered, but I missed it)... How thick is the blade? 5/32nds like all of these milquetoast, elegant-slicer ZTs, or seriously thick?

:)

Just one question, (sorry if it's already been answered, but I missed it)... How thick is the blade? 5/32nds like all of these milquetoast, elegant-slicer ZTs, or seriously thick?

:)

Are you calling the ZT 0200 & ZT 0300 milquetoast slicers? :grumpy:

kztlarge.jpg

WHAT is the name of that benchmade folder? THAT IS MASSIVE!!!!

What that little thing? Its only a 4.25" blade with an rather large handle although it is sort of cool how the 610 compares to a ZT 0100. Like the other guy said its utilitarian unlike most of the ZT/kershaw stuff that has more interesting flair and more general appeal.

The ironic thing is that I am not usually a fan of recurves but when I found ZT/Kershaw suddenly I felt differently about it. Those pictured ZT's along with my Tyrade and various JYD II knives have become my favorite folders. Don't get me wrong, I carry the 610 for utility purposes and like it but I carry the ZT's for utility plus looks.

I can thank KAI for broadening my tastes in folders but my wallet is not so amused.

I was referring to several folders in Kershaw's lineup that were RJ Martin designs.

Chill, Groove, Volt, Zing, to name a few. There are more.

Damn, just spent over $1k on a Colt CCO. Sharp things will have to wait, though I'm sure Kershaw/ZT will have more awesome releases in the future.

Looks like a great platform for a wave mod!

Back