TOPS Wilderness Guide

I thought since my brother is always telling me that "none of your knives are thin enough to slice bacon good" that I would give this one a go, though he has yet to produce the unsliced bacon for the tests.

It's a good test of a knife I think. It was Bernard S Mason's test of a practical knife, and it was something I used to like to do with my own knives :) Wouldn't even try it with the TOPS Hawk Recon!

It's a good test of a knife I think. It was Bernard S Mason's test of a practical knife, and it was something I used to like to do with my own knives :) Wouldn't even try it with the TOPS Hawk Recon!

He is seven years older than me and was always in charge of me while our parents worked. I remember days at his little cabin in the woods when he was showing me how to slice smoked bacon and potatoes for frying when I was 5 and 6. We started out on the same path here in the hills, hunting, trapping, fishing...just hanging out in the woods along the river. He was grown and married when mom drug me to Dallas so his path stayed pretty much the same. Mine on the other hand started winding its way through an urban hell, and I started seeing things from a different perspective. By the time we met up again I was a different person...but I found I really didn't mind the thicker slices of bacon :)

He is seven years older than me and was always in charge of me while our parents worked. I remember days at his little cabin in the woods when he was showing me how to slice smoked bacon and potatoes for frying when I was 5 and 6. We started out on the same path here in the hills, hunting, trapping, fishing...just hanging out in the woods along the river. He was grown and married when mom drug me to Dallas so his path stayed pretty much the same. Mine on the other hand started winding its way through an urban hell, and I started seeing things from a different perspective. By the time we met up again I was a different person...but I found I really didn't mind the thicker slices of bacon :)

Thanks for the story :) :thumbup:

Due to the serach-function I found out, that there is already a review to the TOPS Wilderness Guide 4.0. And I must say say, that is well written and the pictures are great.

As I tested the TOPS Wilderness Guide 4.0 I was not fully convinced. If you are interested in a second oppinion, check out the review on my blog => https://propaghandiblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/review-tops-wilderness-guide-4-0/
English description below the german text.

comp_s10552391.jpg

In short, here is my summary:
Conclusion:
In general a well build knife for trekking or other outdoor-activities. Especially the sheath is awesome. But the other gadgets are trash and useless. But I am not really convinced. So I will continue searching for an new outdoor-knife and meanwhile stick to my Fällkniven F1.

Best regards

Thanks for the review. I would get a bhk bushcrafter before I would but this. Too much gimmicky stuff and I am not fond of the ridges in the spine..

Looks like it will do the job though..

Back