Torn on if I should

You could go with a tiger maple shaft and finish it with aqua fortis,linseed oil and wax. Tough and it would look great. I did a hawk haft like that a while back and it turned out great. Looks like you can reach into it.
5gEVd02.jpg

Last edited:
You could go with a tiger maple shaft and finish it with aqua fortis,linseed oil and wax. Tough and it would look great. I did a hawk haft like that a while back and it turned out great. Looks like you can reach into it.
5gEVd02.jpg
That would actually look pretty awesome with the Satin of the Nuked V8

5gEVd02.jpg

WOW!!!!!! Beautiful.....

OK now that I’ve thought about it you should do it. And while you’re at it go out and buy a Ferrari disassemble that and turn it into a lawn mower. That would be cool.o_O
Guys.....really?

They are blades. The Ferrari-lawn mower comparison is just ridiculously stupid. Sure.....he would lose “collector value”....whatever the hell that is; but if he used the knife - you know.....the entire reason it was made? - wouldn’t he lose some of that same value as well?

The blade would not suddenly become “bad” if he turns it into a pole arm....it would still be a blade; and if it’s made into a good spear, then perhaps it would be even more valuable to the right person....which is the whole basis behind the “collector’s value”.

Or....if he just wants to use it, then he gets the same enjoyment out of it that one who wanted it in its “factory configuration” would get.

Either way, it serves the buyer’s purpose for buying it.

Right?

RSK and MBB built a couple with Carbon Fiber shafts. Light weight and tough. Fiberglass, I would def avoid because of splintering. G10 was a though, but I wasn’t sure how it would be weight wise.

Wonder what micarta would weigh? Grip would be really nice.
Who are RSK and MBB?

Guys.....really?

They are blades. The Ferrari-lawn mower comparison is just ridiculously stupid. Sure.....he would lose “collector value”....whatever the hell that is; but if he used the knife - you know.....the entire reason it was made? - wouldn’t he lose some of that same value as well?

The blade would not suddenly become “bad” if he turns it into a pole arm....it would still be a blade; and if it’s made into a good spear, then perhaps it would be even more valuable to the right person....which is the whole basis behind the “collector’s value”.

Or....if he just wants to use it, then he gets the same enjoyment out of it that one who wanted it in its “factory configuration” would get.

Either way, it serves the buyer’s purpose for buying it.

Right?

OP is allowed to do whatever he wishes with his item. I truly did not mean to disrespect OP With my ridiculously stupid comparison and I do apologize if I did.
I sometimes forget that I’m not nearly as serious as others.View media item 5378

I have a 6' + ash shaft on a poll axe. Strong!!

Make sure you use a strong piece of wood.

5gEVd02.jpg

That is one beautiful weapon!

Back