Traditional and Modern pairings

Spyderco PM2 wearing some custom Rosewood scales from Cuscadi and GEC #74 in cocobolo
8MlkHHv.jpg

That is a gorgeous pair of knives & beautifully matched, especially considering they're not related in any way. Very nice.

How about one knife that fulfills both modern and traditional requirements at the same time?
20170812_113914.jpg 20170812_114012.jpg
A Rams Horn Barlow with Ti bolsters, liners and an M390 blade and a blade stop. So I guess even blade rap is an old tradition now...

My Mini-Trapper (Wharncliff/Stag) has been getting a lot of pocket time lately. But back in the 90s, I used to carry this Benchmade.
Your picture reminded me about the EDCs from years gone by.

ukiSwda.jpg
That's a great pair! I picked up a mnandi last year, it's a great little knife, but I can't help but to always keep the Case's in rotation. IMHO Case's clip point and wharnie blades are my favorite blade shapes out of all edc's. Your benchie also reminds me ofy favorite benchies that I no longer have a Pinnacle 750!

My mini trapper has been my edc since I recieved it. Thanks to CCU I got a good deal on it.
The sheild fell off it and I put new scalea on it. I like it even bettee now :)
20170620_111619.jpg 20170620_111017.jpg

Very nice! Mnandi is a great knife and yours is super. I'm close to pulling the trigger on AGs Mammoth ivory pinched peanut myself.
Do it while they're still available...you won't regret it. Top notch fit and finish, and a great pair of useful well ground blades in VG-10:D

~Chip

Back